Apply Now for the Full-time Doctoral Scholarship in Higher Education and Human Development Fellowship 2023!
Closing date: 30 September 2022
The SARChI Chair in Higher Education and Human Development Research Programme (HEHD) at the University of the Free State (UFS) invites applications from qualified, motivated and talented candidates for doctoral scholarships. In HEHD we conduct theoretical and empirical research into human development applied to the challenges of social justice in higher education and development, in collaboration with international partners. Under the leadership of Professor Melanie Walker, SARChI Chair in HEHD undertakes a suite of mixed methods research projects and graduate research. Ideally, Doctoral Research Fellows will have an interest and expertise at Masters or Honours level in education and development, development studies, higher education studies or related fields such as philosophy, politics, and sociology. The scholarship is available for three-years, subject to satisfactory performance for the title registration of the fellow’s doctoral study
The DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIPS IN HIGHER EDUCATION AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT FELLOWSHIP Fellowship is open to all South African and international applicants for full-time research at the UFS. Prospective fellows must meet the following criteria:
1) Have a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline obtained within the last five years with a minimum average grade of 70%.
2) Be able to relocate to the UFS for the duration of the fellowship.
3) Not hold full-time salaried employment during the fellowship.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
1) Conduct doctoral research on human development and higher education.
2) Register and reside as a full-time Doctoral Research Fellow at the UFS
3) Participate in and contribute to relevant HEHD and Centre for Development Support research activities.
Please email the following documentation by 30 September 2022 to Dr. Faith Mkwananzi
Email: email@example.com and include ‘HEHD Doctoral Fellowship full-time’ in the subject line:
1. Motivation letter with clear explanation for interest in pursuing a PhD
2. A 6-10 page research proposal including aim, research questions, a preliminary literature review, and methodology.
3. CV including any research publications, conference papers presented and grants awarded.
4. Transcripts of academic record, copy of Masters degree certificate and dissertation. Applicants will be responsible for obtaining SAQA verification for all non-South African degrees/qualifications.
5. Copy of ID document (or copy of passport in the case of foreign applicants)
6. Reference letter from at least one academic referee who has taught/supervised the candidate.
VALUE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
R 180,000 annual fellowship paid as a monthly stipend (which includes R 30,000 for research expenses). Note that registration fees are deducted annually.
To facilitate the dissemination of this call for applications, please Download the PDF of this call.
To receive more opportunities: UNITED NATIONS UNIVERSITY (UNU-WIDER) VISITING PHD FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME 2023 (FULLY FUNDED TO FINLAND): APPLY NOW!
Visit our social media pages