FAO YOUNG PROFESSIONALS PROGRAMME 2022 IN MULTIPLE COUNTRIES: APPLY NOW!
Apply now for the FAO Young Professionals Programme 2022 in Multiple countries
Application Deadline: 18 September 2022
What is it?
The Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a recruitment initiative targeted at talented, qualified young professionals who are mainly nationals of non or underrepresented members. Priority consideration will be given to candidates from Small Island Developing States (SIDS), Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Landlocked Developing Countries (LLDCs) and developing countries in general, to start a career as an international civil servant with FAO.
Under the supervision of a senior staff member, Young Professional Officers work with international and national staff and are involved in the identification, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of FAO activities. Purposes of assignments vary and may have a country-specific, regional, sector-based or thematic focus.
Young Professional Officers are offered two years fixed term contracts subject to a one-year probationary period. They will generally be employed at P-1 step 1 level on initial appointment and will move to P-1 step 2 level for the second year of their assignment.
What are the requirements?
Candidates for the YPP are selected on a highly competitive basis. The qualifications below are required for consideration:
- Candidates should be 32 years of age or younger as of 31 December of the year of application;
- Academic qualifications: Advanced university degree (Master’s, Ph.D. or equivalent) in a field relevant to the work of FAO;
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in a field relevant to the work of FAO;
- Language skills: Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian);
- Candidates must not bear any of the following relationships to staff members of the Organization: son, daughter, brother or sister.
- Multiple Countries (Varies according to the availability of the opportunities)
Vacancies and how to apply
Please visit the list of YPP opportunities currently available in the Organization (for vacancies, please click the YPP (Young Professionals Programme) link from the banner at the left of the newly opened page).
Kindly note that the application and selection process will be conducted in English.
ALSO CHECK: FULL-TIME DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIPS IN HIGHER EDUCATION AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT FELLOWSHIP 2023 -SOUTH AFRICA
To receive more opportunities:
Join our WhatsApp group and Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages