UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME 2023 (FULLY FUNDED) IN AUSTRALIA: APPLY NOW!
Apply now for the University of Sydney International Scholarship Programme 2023 (Fully funded) in Australia
Application Deadline: 30 September 2022
About the University of Sydney International Scholarship
A postgraduate research scholarship worth $35,629 yearly to support high quality international postgraduate students to study a master’s by research or PhD.
|Value||Eligibility||Open date||Close date|
|$35,629 p.a.||International postgraduate research student||10 June 2022||30 September 2022|
How to apply
Current students can apply here, applications are open all year round, however, deadlines mentioned here apply.
Commencing students should select the checkbox to be considered for research scholarships when completing the admission application for your postgraduate research degree. A separate application is not required.
- The University of Sydney International scholarship is valued at $35,629 per annum. The scholarship assists with tuition fees and living costs.
- Full tuition fees as set by the University of Sydney.
- Recipients of the University of Sydney International Scholarship must enrol in their offered course and commence research at the University by the census date of their course intake. Request to defer the Scholarship may not be considered and the University reserves the right to withdraw the Scholarship offer if the recipient fails to gain an appropriate student visa or is unable to enrol and commence research at the University by the deadline.
1. Applicants must be an international student at the time of award.
2. University of Sydney International Scholarship holders are expected to enrol in a full-time postgraduate research degree. Subject to visa conditions, the University may approve a part-time Scholarship* where the University is satisfied that there are special circumstances beyond the student’s control (for example medical conditions, financial hardship, carer’s responsibilities).
*A part-time scholarship may have tax implications and student should seek tax advice from registered tax agents.
3. The University of Sydney International Scholarship may be held for 3.5 years (full time) for Research Doctorate studies, or for two years for Research Masters studies if commenced prior 1 January 2019, or 1.75 years if commences on or after 1 January 2019. Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree prior to the commencement of the award will be deducted from the maximum tenure of the award.
4. No extensions are possible.
5. A student is expected to commence the Scholarship by the census date of their commencing intake, and during the year the Scholarship is awarded. If a student has commenced their studies, the scholarship may commence no earlier than the day it is awarded. Deferment of scholarship to next calendar year is not allowed.
Stipend and Allowances
6. Holders of the Scholarship who enrol full time will receive a stipend of $35,629 per annum, indexed annually on 1 January.
7. Reimbursement of up to $420 for Masters candidates and up to $840 for Doctoral candidates will be made for eligible claims for direct costs of producing a thesis in accordance with the University’s thesis allowance claim information. The claim must be lodged with the Higher Degree by Research Administration Centre (HDRACemail@example.com) within one year of submission of the thesis and no more than two years after termination of the award. Costs associated with printing a thesis are not eligible as printed thesis is no longer required for submission and examination.
8. Holders of the Scholarship may receive a concurrent award, scholarship or salary to undertake their research degree provided such award, scholarship or salary provides a benefit less than 75% of the Scholarship. The Scholarship will be terminated if this limit is exceeded. Salary for work unrelated to the student’s research is not subject to this limit.
Click here to visit the official website
ALSO CHECK: Gates Cambridge Scholarship Programme (Fully funded) for International Students in the UK: Applications opening 15 September 2022
To receive more opportunities:
Join our WhatsApp group and Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages