IRENA is hiring for an Administrative Assistant, Office of the Deputy Director-General , GS-6
Apply for Administrative Assistant, Office of the Deputy Director-General , GS-6 at IRENA
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: 13 October 2022.
The International Renewable Energy Agency is an inter-governmental organisation headquartered in Abu Dhabi, mandated to promote the widespread and increased adoption and sustainable use of all forms of renewable energy in the pursuit of sustainable development, energy access, energy security and low-carbon economic growth and prosperity.
IRENA’s mission is to play a leading role in the ongoing transformation of the global energy systems as a centre of excellence for knowledge and innovation, a global voice of renewable energy, a network hub for all stakeholders and a source of advice and support for countries. At present, IRENA has 166 Members (165 States and the European Union) that acceded to its Statute, and 18 additional States in the process of accession and actively engaged.
Title and Grade: Administrative Assistant, GS-61
Indicative Net Annual Salary: AED 221,908 to 314,737 plus provident fund
Duty Station: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Duration of Appointment: One year, with possible extension
Entry on Duty: As soon as possible
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Director- General, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide administrative support to the office of the Deputy Director-General General including performing a broad range of tasks and assignments pertaining to human resources, business travel, database management, maintenance of contacts database information, as well as procurement and budgetary matters while ensuring coordination with other relevant units and staff on these matters;
- Provide administrative support to Directors’ meetings and other meetings, receptions, events and workshops organised by the office, including proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling meeting logistics, and keeping minutes of the meetings;
- Maintain the Deputy Director-General’s calendar and daily schedule;
- Assist in coordinating day-to-day related matters to the office of the Deputy Director-General including information flow;
- Ensure coordination within the Front Office and with other relevant staff on organizational matters pertaining to travel and meetings;
- Screen and prioritize all incoming correspondence; compile relevant background documents and references; identify issues requiring the Deputy Director-General’s attention and refer others to relevant officer for appropriate disposition; monitor and follow-up on actions to be taken;
- Draft and/or edit responses to a wide variety of correspondence and communications, including letters, notes and e-mails, while maintaining confidentiality of documents;
- Prepare, process and classify confidential information;
- Keep track of incoming and outgoing documents and establishes and maintains up-to-date files (both paper and electronic);
- Exercise quality control function for outgoing documents; proofread and edit texts for adherence for format, grammar, punctuation and style;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Professionalism: Ability to perform a broad range of administrative and support functions. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning and Organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education/courses in the area of business administration or other related fields would be an asset.
Experience: Five to seven years of experience in administrative services, office management, or related fields in the area of public administration is desirable. Previous work experience in international institutions, the diplomatic service, or other governmental entities is an asset.
Language: Excellent command of written and spoken English is a must. Knowledge of additional languages is an asset.
Skills: Good knowledge of MS Office with emphasis on Word, Excel and Outlook.
Qualified candidates must apply for the above mentioned vacancy on-line, through IRENA’s recruitment platform, Taleo by submitting a complete and comprehensive CV and a letter of interest, including details of three professional references who will be contacted if their application is shortlisted.
Applications from qualified women, especially from nationals of developing countries, are highly encouraged.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for an interview and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process.
VISIT THE PAGE HERE AND APPLY
To receive more opportunities:
Join our WhatsApp group and Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: