A two-year ACTIVATE GLOBAL FELLOWSHIP to turn your technology concept into a product.
ACTIVATE GLOBAL FELLOWSHIP
Application Deadline: 31 October,2022
What We Provide
- Fellows receive a yearly living stipend of $80,000 to $110,000 plus a health insurance stipend and travel allowance. This enables them to focus on their project full-time. Each project also receives $100,000 in research funding and access to at least $100,000 in additional flexible capital.
- Fellows access vital research tools, equipment, facilities, and expertise through collaboration with a host laboratory. Activate takes no rights to fellows’ intellectual property and works to ensure that fellows retain ownership of any IP developed during their two-year fellowship term.
- Tailored for scientists and engineers and delivered weekly, our startup curriculum includes sessions on core business and product development concepts, VIP speakers, skill development workshops, and shared learning from other fellows and alumni.
- Our experienced team meets with fellows one-on-one on a regular basis to help develop priorities, provide guidance, and make connections to our broader network of advisors, industry experts, and investors.
- We facilitate connections between fellows and our broad network of industry executives, investors, entrepreneurs, philanthropists and other experts from academia, industry, government, and finance any of whom can serve as advisors or partners.
To be eligible, you…
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and four+ years post-baccalaureate scientific research, engineering, or technology development experience.
- Must be the leader of a technical project or company that is relevant to our target industries and is based in the physical or biological sciences, or related engineering disciplines.
- Must be leading the commercial development of a hardware-based technology innovation for the first time i.e. not a repeat hard-tech founder. You may apply as a solo applicant or with one co-applicant.
- Must not have raised more than $2,000,000 in debt or equity funding from non-governmental sources for the proposed project at the time of the application deadline.
- Project or company must still be in development and not yet ready for full-scale product sales at the time of the application deadline.
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S. for the duration of the fellowship