Deloitte’s Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 4: APPLY NOW!
Apply for the Deloitte's Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 4
Youth aged 18-30
Application Deadline: 21 October 2022
How do we prepare 100 million futures for a world of opportunity?
Education is a cornerstone of sustainable development – it empowers and uplifts individuals, nations, and society. However, millions of people around the world are held back from achieving their full potential. Investing in education and skills is the answer. It is the foundation of opportunity and progress and creates better futures for all.
Our future innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders will need new skills to help us meet the challenges of tomorrow. Unfortunately, today, 800 million youth are not going to have even the basic skills to succeed in the workforce by 2030. Educational inequality was a global challenge well before COVID, but the pandemic has further widened the learning gap.
At Deloitte, we are committed to expanding opportunities for 100 million people by 2030 by developing job skills, improving educational outcomes, and providing opportunities for individuals from underrepresented and marginalized groups around the world. In line with this ambition, Deloitte is proud to support the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG4 for the fourth year. Working together, we can accelerate innovative youth-led solutions to achieve inclusive, equitable, and quality education for all.
In line with Deloitte’s ambition to prepare 100 million futures for a world of opportunity by 2030, the challenge seeks to support scalable youth-led solutions that:
- Utilize innovative approaches and technology
- Address root causes of the issue
- Demonstrate ability to drive impact and potential to scale
- Recognize existing efforts and collaborate with others to accelerate impact
- Facilitate opportunities for collective impact, by engaging a wide-range of stakeholders
- Improve the quality of, or access to, education and skills training that prepares young people to succeed
The challenge is open to young people from social enterprises, non-profits, or community organizations.
Note: projects need to be based where Deloitte has a presence.
The solutions should drive impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Create skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for young people to prepare for the future workforce.
- Accelerate entrepreneurial skills and develop a new generation of job creators.
- Improve access to education and skills opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy.
- Support digital skills and adoption of technologies to empower learners’ access to education and skills development opportunities.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Aligned: Evidently aligned with the SDG4 challenge. See ‘About’.
Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
Proven:Solution is readily available, being piloted, implemented, or scaled
Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example, generating educational outcomes, employment opportunities, or developing skills.
Measurable: Solution’s impact in society must be adequately measured and/or be measurable.
Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
Scalable: Potential to grow impact after expanding in scope or size and/or into other regions.
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2023
- A US$50,000 grant from Deloitte
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Deloitte professionals and partners. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
VISIT THE OFFICIAL PAGE AND APPLY
To receive more opportunities:
Join our WhatsApp group and Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: