Remote Internship at International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA): APPLY NOW!
Apply for Remote Internship position at International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
Secretariat of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
Application Deadline: 15 December 2022
Title and Grade: Intern, Ethics
Duration of Appointment: 6 Months
Indicative Remuneration: Monthly stipend (1,200USD)
Duty Station: Abu Dhabi Remote Internship
Expected start date: As soon as possible
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is an inter-governmental organisation headquartered in Abu Dhabi, mandated to promote the widespread and increased adoption and sustainable use of all forms of renewable energy in the pursuit of sustainable development, energy access, energy security and low-carbon economic growth and prosperity.
IRENA’s mission is to play a leading role in the ongoing transformation of the global energy systems as a centre of excellence for knowledge and innovation, a global voice of renewable energy, a network hub for all stakeholders and a source of advice and support for countries. At present, IRENA has 168 Members (167 States and the European Union) that acceded to its Statute, and 16 additional States in the process of accession and actively engaged.
The remote internship post is in the Ethics Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Ethics Officer, the Intern will:
- Assist in research and drafting of policy documents and guidance notes on Ethics related issues based on best practices in United Nations and international organisations.
- Coordinate document review processes by collecting and consolidating comments and incorporating feedback from the Ethics Officer.
- Assist in case management, preparation of advisory documents and reports, as appropriate.
- Assist in preparation of materials for meetings, trainings and/or briefings.
- Assist in the development of ethics training, outreach materials, including dedicated Ethics intranet web page.
- Assist in conducting relevant research and fact-finding in relation to issues of concern for the Ethics Office.
- Assist in the coordination of stakeholder meetings and in taking accurate minutes and follow up actions.
- Contribute to the development of an efficient filing system;
- Provide debriefing and handover notes to the Ethics Officer upon the end of the internship.
During the remote internship period, the successful candidate will develop an understanding of the IRENA’s of ethical standards, values and practices, develop skills related to research, analytical thinking, drafting, case management, and communications and outreach strategies pertaining to ethics.
The remote internship is for a period of six months. The exact period will be determined based on the availability of the intern and the needs of the programme.
- Candidates shall be advanced in their undergraduate studies or be enrolled in a Master’s or doctorate programme at a recognized university at the time of application. Recent graduates may also be included in the programme provided the start date of the internship is less than six months since their graduation.
- Preference will be given to those studying law or related fields.
- Experience or demonstrated strong interest in ethical issues and law or related fields (Desirable).
- Have a demonstrated ability in research, drafting and summarizing reports, documents, and briefing notes (Desirable).
- Have a demonstrated ability in legal research and analysis and drafting legal opinions (Desirable).
- Candidates must be fluent in English (both oral and written) and demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills.
- Competencies: Candidates should demonstrate solid teamwork, planning and organizing, professionalism and communications skills.
- Candidates must be able to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Candidates should indicate in their cover letter the period of availability.
IRENA internships may be remunerated if an intern is not already sponsored by their government, university or institution. In such cases, the intern is requested to indicate their sponsorship in their cover letter.
Interns of IRENA are not considered to be staff members. The selected intern will work on a full-time basis (40 hours per week) remotely as per Abu Dhabi, UAE working hours (GST).
For more detailed information about IRENA Internship Programme, please visit the internships section on our recruitment webpage.
Candidates who are interested in this assignment and meet the minimum requirements must apply for the abovementioned vacancy on-line, through IRENA’s recruitment platform, Taleo, by submitting a complete and comprehensive CV and a letter of interest. Due to the high number of applications, only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for a pre-recorded and/or telephone interview.
IRENA wishes to encourage applications from female candidates and nationals of LDC and SIDS countries.
VISIT THE PAGE AND APPLY
To receive more opportunities:
Join our WhatsApp group and Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: