DEADLINE IS TODAY! Call for Expression of Interest – FAO Volunteer Programme for the World Food Forum (WFF)
: 19/Dec/2022, 12:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: HQ
Type of Requisition: FAO Volunteer Programme
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: Up to a maximum of 6 months
Post Number: N/A
FAO Volunteer Programme for the World Food Forum (WFF)
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in consultants in order to best serve FAO Members Nations in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. FAO believes that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
FAO’s Youth Committee was established in 2019 to tap into the potential of young employees as catalysts for change. The Youth Committee later created the World Food Forum and many youth partners from across the UN, as well as public and private institutions have since associated themselves with the World Food Forum.
As one of the main sponsors for the World Food Forum, FAO is searching for motivated volunteers to join and contribute to the World Food Forum events in 2023.
Launched in 2021, the World Food Forum (WFF) is an independent, youth-led global network of partners facilitated by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). It aims to spark a global movement that empowers young people everywhere to actively shape agrifood systems to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and a better food future for all.
The WFF serves as the premier global forum to harness the passion and power of youth to identify solutions and incite positive action for agrifood systems. It aligns with the 2021 United Nations (UN) Food Systems Summit, acts as major youth platform in global food governance, and serves as a global think tank that fosters youth-led solutions in innovation, science and technology. The WFF aims to support and grow youth initiatives in the agrifood sector in line with global youth policy recommendations
The World Food Forum initiative is composed by different tracks which are the following:
• Youth Action: connecting and empowering young people around the globe with different backgrounds to discuss their local priorities and challenges, and identify innovative and actionable solutions for a better food future.
• Innovation Lab: bolstering innovation for sustainable development in support of ending hunger. Led by global youth, it engages the leaders of tomorrow, elevates the innovators and innovative solutions that are already making a difference, and aims to inspire the world to confront the threats that our agrifood systems face today.
• Education: aiming to provide access to knowledge and actionable solutions for healthy diets and a healthy planet, while inspiring children and youth everywhere to create a better food future for all.
• Culture: utilizing art, culture and creative expression (film, music, art, cooking) to connect youth around the globe through our shared passions in order to spark discussion and action around ongoing issues – from the COVID-19 pandemic to the triple planetary crisis of climate, pollution, and nature loss.
• Regional Action: connecting the dots to amplify country and regional actions and scale-up their impacts. It promotes and facilitates multi-sectoral linkages with key regional and global initiatives for the transformation of our agrifood systems, while exploring the link between access to healthy diets and the climate agenda, including the essential climate, biodiversity and nutrition nexus along the four WFF Tracks.
• Partnership, Fundraising, Marketing Communications and Outreach
Please, find more information about the World Food Forum in our website at this link.
The FAO volunteer will report to an assigned supervisor.
The FAO volunteer may be assigned in a field relevant to activities and the events of the World Food Forum.
Tasks and responsibilities
The FAO volunteer will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the volunteer.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have completed secondary school education.
• Working knowledge of at least one of FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, English, Russian or Spanish).
• Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
• Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
• Candidates must be aged 18 or older.
• Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good communication skills and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programmes.
• Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Volunteer Programme.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Relevant working experience in one of the below listed fields would be a strong asset:
– Thematic and academic support to policy dialogues
– Marketing, Communications and Outreach
– Cultural activities (film, music, culinary, art)
– Event Management
Information to applicants
• Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member nations as well as candidates from Small Island Developing States (SIDS), Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Land-locked Developing Countries (LLDCs) are encouraged to apply to this Call for Expression of Interest.
• All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted again, if selected.
• FAO does not provide any remuneration to volunteers.
• Selected candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed country of assignment prior to joining the Organization.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
• All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be contacted directly for interviews by the hiring office.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• FAO does not provide remuneration to fellows.
• For additional information, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Candidates for Fellows assignments are requested to attach a research proposal to their application.
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
VISIT THE PAGE AND APPLY
To receive more opportunities:
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: