SADC IS HIRING FOR A RE-ADVERTISEMENT – DIRECTOR ORGAN: APPLY NOW!
Southern African Development Community (SADC)
Application Deadline: 27 January 2023
RE-ADVERTISEMENT – DIRECTOR ORGAN
The Southern African Development Community (SADC) is a regional economic community founded and maintained by countries in Southern Africa. It aims to further the socio-economic, political and security cooperation among its Member States and foster regional integration in order to achieve peace, stability and wealth. SADC currently has sixteen (16) Member States with a population of approximately 340 million and a combined GDP of US$720 billion.
The Secretariat is currently recruiting for the position of Director Organ to enhance its capacity to deliver on the above mandate. The Secretariat is therefore inviting suitably qualified and experienced citizens of SADC to apply for the following position tenable at its Headquarters in Gaborone, Botswana.
|Position||Grade||Average Package per Annum (US$)|
|Director – Organ||2||90,828|
Tenure of appointment
The tenure of appointment for the position is (4) years, renewable once for an equal period subject to:
- satisfactory completion of 6 months’ probation;
- satisfactory performance;
- retirement age limit of 60 years; and
- the continued need for the position.
The position is open to qualified applicants who:
- Are 52 years old or younger. This requirement is based on the Organization’s need to recruit staff who can serve for a reasonable period of time before reaching the mandatory retirement age of 60 years.
- Are from the following eligible Member States: Angola, Mauritius, South Africa, United Republic of Tanzania and Zimbabwe
Closing Date and Submission of Applications: Applications must be submitted to the SADC National Contact Point https://www.sadc.int/member-states of the eligible Member States not later than or on 27 January 2023.
Applications should be accompanied by the following:
- a cover letter stating the position that you want to be considered for and describe how your qualifications, experience and competencies are relevant to the position;
- a five (5) page updated curriculum vitae;
- certified copies of your degree(s), Diploma(s) and Certificate(s); and
- duly completed SADC Application Form.
Should you be shortlisted, you will be required to produce evidence of educational and professional qualifications supporting your application, on the day of your interview.
SADC is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourages applications from female candidates.
If you are results orientated, you have a passion for the transformation and development of Southern Africa, and possess the required competencies, please submit your application.
Only applicants who meet the requirements of the SADC Secretariat and being considered for interview, will be contacted. Should you not hear from the SADC Secretariat within two months after the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Details can also be obtained from the National Contact Point in your respective country.
VISIT THE PAGE HERE AND APPLY
To receive more opportunities:
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: