Green Climate Fund is recruiting for an Accreditation Specialist: APPLY NOW!
Location: Incheon, South Korea (ICN), KRGrade: IS-4
Deadline: 19 February 2023 (11:59 PM KST)
Job Category: International
Salary: USD 123,770 net (plus attractive benefits, that include the following allowances (as appliable): Relocation, dependency, education assistance and home country travel)
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their people. Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations.
The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change. Since its establishment, the GCF has approved 190 projects in 123 countries and has committed USD 10 billion in climate finance. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries to identify their needs, in particular, those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts. The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
The Accreditation Specialist implements the accreditation and reaccreditation processes in line with accreditation-related strategies, policies and standards and to contribute to the improvement and innovation of existing processes and systems. The Accreditation Specialist will engage with and provide guidance to countries on potential Accredited Entity partners and applicants throughout the accreditation and re-accreditation processes (including addressing any capacity gaps identified in the process and related reporting obligations) in line with countries’ programming priorities and guided by GCF strategic programming objectives.
The Accreditation Specialist will collaborate with GCF Regional Desks and programming divisions and will work with the Accreditation Committee and the Accreditation Panel of the Board in line with their respective roles in relation to accreditation and reaccreditation.
Purpose of the Accreditation Specialist
- Drive the accreditation and reaccreditation processes, including supporting entities to address any capacity gaps identified in the processes and related reporting obligations, to enable a programming-driven portfolio of accredited entities capable of delivering on country-driven transformational projects/programmes guided by GCF strategic programming priorities.\
- Contribute to the development of GCF policies in the context of accreditation and reaccreditation review process, and support analytical and strategic work for their continuous improvement.
- Carry out the development of tailored approaches and provide guidance to countries on potential Accredited Entity partners and applicants throughout the accreditation and reaccreditation process, in collaboration with Regional Desks, to ensure strategic fit and transformative potential of the GCF-funded portfolios of the future AEs.
- Leverages GCF’s support programmes to build the capacity of entities to originate and deliver a portfolio of investments in line with programming objectives of countries and the GCF.
- Advise countries and applicants on the optimum modes of engagement with GCF, and promote the alignment of the accreditation and reaccreditation processes with country programming and portfolio management, including on support to strengthen institutional capacities to meet GCF accreditation standards.
- Engages with countries, accredited entities and applicants including through dedicated programming events, to promote coordination in the development and delivery of country-led projects, identifying suitable entities for programming.
- Support the Senior Accreditation Specialist to facilitate the work of the Accreditation Committee of the Board and the Accreditation Panel of the Board to ensure consistency, flexibility, and transparency in the accreditation and reaccreditation processes.
- Optimize approaches and build consistency in the accreditation and reaccreditation processes, while introducing adaptive measures that support delivery
- Devise tools to evolve and maintain responsiveness of the accreditation and reaccreditation processes to evolving client needs and varying country contexts
- Organize knowledge on accreditation and reaccreditation, curating information and best practices to ensure the processes are transparent, accountable and reliable
- Support the establishment of feedback loops from implementation, in collaboration with DPM, to extract lessons relevant for re-accreditation.
Requirements (Education, experience, technical competencies required of the job)
- Master’s or higher-level degree in development or environmental economics, environmental studies, policy development, business administration, finance, international development or other relevant fields;
- Minimum of 9 years relevant experience, including in, or working with, developing countries, and international organizations; A Bachelor’s Degree with an additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree requirement.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, project management, coordination and working with governments and national organizations and private sector entities;
- Established experience in providing quality assurance, due diligence, preferably accreditation and/or certification processes, particularly with expertise in areas related to fiduciary standards and financial management (including use of loans, equity, guarantees, grants, amongst other financial instruments) and environmental, social and gender safeguards; and
- Fluency in English with knowledge of Spanish and/or French an advantage.
The closing date for application is 19 February 2023. Applications submitted after the deadline may not be considered.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references.
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
VISIT THE PAGE HERE AND APPLY
To receive more Opportunities
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: