Greenpeace International is recruiting for a Remote Site Reliability Engineer: APPLY NOW!
Application Deadline: 19 February 2023
Site Reliability Engineer
Location: The successful candidate may be based in a country where one of the independent National/Regional Greenpeace organisations (NRO’s) is located ( subject to agreement), with a preference for candidates based in East Asia or South East Asia due to timezone requirements. See the locations here. We offer competitive NGO level salary and benefits, the specifics of which depend on location where the successful candidates will be based.
Greenpeace International (GPI) is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to join a dispersed team applying a software engineering approach to IT operations. Using software as a tool to manage systems, solve problems and automate operations tasks, you will divide your time between operational support and developing systems and software that help increase site reliability and performance.
You will be working in GPI’s Technology Department that delivers technology and data solutions that enable the Greenpeace network to win campaigns, faster, and to support an effective and efficient global organisation through the massive strategic uplift that technology can give us.
The Site Reliability Engineer will be involved in:
- Design, implement, scale, maintain and support systems through automation to achieve service level objectives.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve the availability and performance of the system by applying the learnings from monitoring and observation.
- Make recommendations to management and liaise with other stakeholders.
- Provide backup and disaster recovery in order to provide continuity.
- Work in close collaboration with other teams to shape the future roadmap and establish strong operational readiness across teams
- Maintain high-quality documentation based on team standards.
- Provide training to stakeholders of varying skill levels.
Please see the full job description here.
Site Reliability Engineer Job requirements
Greenpeace is looking for:
- Computer science education or equivalent experience.
- Deep knowledge in managing infrastructure and services, using the SRE approach.
- Experience in supporting an observability stack, based on Prometheus, Thanos, Loki and Grafana.
- Good Knowledge of Terraform, Python and GoLang languages.
- Knowledge of on-premises and/or cloud-based Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience in supporting a CI/CD environment – preferably Gitlab CI/CD.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, and preferably one other language.
- Demonstrated support for Greenpeace goals and values.
In addition to technical and problem-solving expertise, Greenpeace seek someone with an obvious desire to acquire, adapt and share knowledge for the benefit of a forward looking global organization.
If you meet these criteria, you may apply by submitting your CV through the application portal, and through responding to the screening questions.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that all applications must be filled out via the website and can’t be submitted via this email.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognize and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organization and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
CLOSING DATE: 23:59 CET, February 19th 2023.
VISIT THE PAGE HERE AND APPLY
To receive more Opportunities
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: