Full vacancy title: Division Manager-Corporate and Finance (PAGL.1)
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position Grade: PL2
Application Deadline: 21-Mar-2023
Division Manager-Corporate and Finance Role Description
The President plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
The President supervises several Departments and Units including: Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal; Office of the Auditor General; Group Risk Management Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT
The Office of the Auditor General provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Bank’s operations. It also assists the Bank to accomplish its strategic objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Office of the Auditor General is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling a broad, comprehensive program of auditing and consulting/advisory services both internally and externally including, without limitation, all projects and programs of the Bank group.
All the activities of the Bank, including corporate, financial, IT and operational activities, are under the purview of the Auditor General. The Office provides all levels of management and the Board with periodic, independent and objective appraisals and audits of financial, accounting, operational, administrative and other activities, including identifying possible means of improving accountability, efficiency of operations and economy in the use of resources.
The Office of the Auditor General also provides advisory and consulting services to the Bank complexes regarding management control and reports, policies and systems development and reviewing new products and services in the design stages.
The Office of the Auditor General (PAGL) comprises two divisions: the division responsible for institutional, financial and IT audits (PAGL.1) and the division responsible for operations audits (PAGL.2).
The primary role of the Division Manager – Corporate and Finance Audit Division (PAGL.1) is to:
- Provide independent and objective assurance designed to add value and improve the Bank’s corporate and finance operations. It also assists the Bank Corporate and Finance complexes to accomplish their strategic objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Provide consulting and advisory services by offering expert advice and assistance to the Corporate and Finance complexes Management regarding management control and reports, policies and systems development, compliance with Bank rules and regulations and reviewing new products and services at the design stages. This proactive and prospective approach helps in the resolution of challenges to ensure that they are resolved before they become major concerns.
- Ensure that necessary human and professional requirements of the Corporate and Finance audit division are in place; develop and maintain a qualified group of staff and an organizational structure that provides for the efficient and effective auditing and consulting/advisory services for Corporate and Finance activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the Direct supervision of the Auditor General, the Division Manager-Corporate and Finance Audit Division (PAGL.1) shall carry out the following duties:
- Developing a risk-based plan to rationalize the allocation of audit resources by concentrating them on high business risks and significant areas of the Bank.
- Provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Bank’s operations.
- Determine whether the Bank’s framework of risk management. Control, and governance processes, as designed and implemented by management, is adequate and functioning by assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the Bank’s processes for controlling its activities and managing its risks.
- Perform financial, administrative and information technology audits.
- Evaluating and assessing the impact of significant new or changing services, processes, operations, and controls on the Division’s activities.
- Liaising with the external auditors as appropriate, for the purpose of providing optimal audit coverage to the Bank.
- Reporting to management on significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the Bank, including potential improvements to those processes.
- Assigning and supervising reviews of the effectiveness of the Bank’s framework of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and implemented by management.
- Reviewing the reliability, accuracy and integrity of significant financial and automated management information systems, ensuring that such systems employ essential controls which minimize the risk of unauthorized activity.
- Assigning and supervising consulting and advisory services, beyond internal auditing assurance services, to assist management in meeting its objectives.
- Providing advice and assisting client departments on matters relating to internal controls.
- Undertake such other responsibilities deemed to be in line with the Institute of Internal Auditors standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Manage a team of professional level and support staff in providing efficient and high-quality services that support the business. Set realistic performance goals and motivate team members to meet them, both for individual staff and for the team as whole.
- Manage staffing and resources competently and responsibly to achieve the Division’s objectives.
- Be a collaborative member of the Management Team, contribute and share expertise and input and foster a collegial environment.
- Serve as a role model, leading by example, and building alignment and commitment. Courageous in challenging others to move the Bank forward.
- Build strong relationship management and understand the business needs to assist in developing practical and effective solutions.
- Promote collaboration and facilitate teamwork across teams and across organizational units.
- Maintain a high standard of professional integrity, treat individuals fairly and respectively and be sensitive to differences across culture, nationalities, and gender.
- Provide on-the-job training and advice to relatively less experienced staff and supervise their work.
- Represent the Auditor General during his/her absence.
- Oversee the work and resources of the department.
- Participate in meetings with the Board, the President, Senior Management, External Auditors, and other stakeholders/partners.
- Potentially attend international conferences and meetings and consult with counterparts in other similar organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Auditor General.
COMPETENCIES (skills, experience and knowledge):
- Hold a minimum of a Master’s degree and an internationally recognized Professional Accounting and / or Auditing Qualification like ACA, ACCA, ACMA.
- IT audit qualification (CISA) in addition to the above would be beneficial and looked on positively.
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years demonstrable audit management experience (i.e. management of a portfolio of audit projects in either an Internal or external audit capacity.
- A demonstratable track record in auditing financial services activities, either in the public or private sector.
- Existing or prior knowledge and experience of the AfDB would be helpful but is not a perquisite requirement.
- Demonstrable Project Management skills and qualifications / certifications would be very useful for this role and will be looked on as a positive.
- Established reputation for integrity, good judgement, fairness, and discretion in dealing with Senior Management, Staff and External Parties.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, attention to details and ability to work independently and manage challenges.
- Good interpersonal, supervisory, communication and analytical skills. Demonstrated capacity to influence and inspire team members.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills, with a proven track record of managing small professional teams and creating an empowering and self-development-oriented work environment.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language. (Ability to speak and read both French and English would be a distinct advantage and will be looked on as a positive.
- Proficient in use of the Bank standard software: SAP Hana, Excel, Word, Power point; MS Projects, Access, Visio, etc.
- Proficiency in use of computer Assister Audit Tools like ACL, PENTANA, Teammate, etc.
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG(link sends e-mail)
To receive more Opportunities
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.