Fully Funded University of Capetown Mastercard Foundation Scholarships: APPLY NOW!
Apply for University of Capetown Mastercard Foundation Scholarships
Capetown, South Africa
Application Deadline: UCT opens its annual call for applications to the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships between March and July.
Overview of University of Capetown Mastercard Foundation Scholarships
The University of Cape Town (UCT) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars’ Program: an educational initiative that provides academically talented young people from economically disadvantaged communities in Africa with access to quality university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UCT provides full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate or postgraduate (honours and master’s) degree-seeking applicants. The Mastercard Foundation Scholarships ensure a premium educational package that will produce graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable, and whose transition into the workforce is underpinned by values of engaged citizenship and social justice.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarships cover the full period of study and are renewable annually subject to satisfactory performance and participation in the activities and opportunities offered by the programme. Successful candidates will be required to commit themselves to returning to their home countries and to invest their gained skills and education in their country’s social and economic growth.
Selection criteria for Mastercard Foundation Scholarships:
- Academically talented – value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged – facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- Committed to giving back – investing in their communities, using the skills and knowledge that they have acquired.
- Future leaders – committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarships include:
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- A relevant and recognised education through academic curricula aimed at producing graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable.
- Academic and peer mentor support – to ensure that each Scholar successfully progresses academically.
- An array of cultural and transition support and training aimed at academic and professional enrichment and assisting in the challenges facing university going students.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
How to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program provides scholarships to academically talented young Africans to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate studies at the University of Cape Town (UCT).
Students enrolled on the programme receive support and developmental opportunities including mentoring, leadership development, academic and life skills support, career development and entrepreneurship training. They are expected to engage in community upliftment projects and get involved in all that UCT has to offer.
UCT opens its annual call for applications to the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships between March and July. Apply for your place from March each year.
Visit the links below to learn more about the undergraduate and graduate application procedures.
Note that application to the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships is not the same as an academic application for UCT. Prospective scholars are advised to submit an academic application to UCT first, and then apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships.
VISIT THE OFFICIAL PAGE HERE AND APPLY
To receive more Opportunities
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: