Project Officer – Enterprise Development: Position details
|Date of expiry:
|11th April, 2023
|Fixed term contract (One year)
Supporting documents for Project Officer – Enterprise Development
About Practical Action
Practical Action is a global innovator, inspiring people to discover and adopt ingenious, practical ways to free themselves from poverty and disadvantage. With over 50 years of expertise, Practical Action has a strong heritage, and track record of bringing communities and experts together to find practical, sustainable solutions to enable people to meet their needs, which work for both people and the planet.
Practical Action is committed to advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment through all its work. This includes programmes, knowledge sharing, advocacy, external communications, and its own organisational development. At a minimum, it ensures that all our work is gender sensitive, seeking gender transformative approaches as our overall ambition and in accordance with context.
About the Project Officer Role
Practical Action is implementing a 3-year project funded by GIZ to implement activities in Nakuru, Nyandarua Counties and some parts of Baringo and Kericho Counties. The project’s focus is to promote affordable improved charcoal and firewood biomass stoves that are locally produced and fulfilling the following criteria:
- Firewood stoves – Fuel savings of at least 40% over and above, compared to the fuel consumption of the baseline stove (three stone fire)
- Charcoal stoves – Fuel savings of at least 30% over and above baseline stove (Kenya ceramic jiko)
- The primary activity of KILMEAP is to support the supply chain by recruiting and developing the capacity of Last Mile Entrepreneurs (LMEs) to engage as ICS installers and distributors
- Expansion of distribution and retail chains
- While the secondary activity is to unlock the demand for ICS technologies by engaging in culturally appropriate awareness activities
- Awareness raising of consumers and enhancing a conducive market environment for the growth of ICS sector by engaging with county governments and relevant sector stakeholders
- Creation of an enabling market environment
Practical Action seeks to recruit a Project Officer – Enterprise Development with the primary responsibility for the design, implementation, follow-up, and evaluation of clean cooking activities in Baringo, Nakuru, Kericho and Nyandarua Counties. In addition, the Project Officer will provide necessary support and supervision of business mentors to implement all activities of enterprises development under KILMEAP projects.
To be successful in the Project Officer role, you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in business related studies, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Economics, or a relevant subject. Master’s degree preferred
- MFI background is added value
- Five years of work experience in private sector engagement and market development
- Experience of working in renewable energy and setting up or operating businesses is preferred
- Experience in capacity building
- Financial inclusion and behaviour change communications (BCC) is preferred
- Ability to facilitate community programs to raise awareness of clean cooking and gender mainstreaming
- Ability to plan and lead training sessions for communities and experience working in clean cooking programs is desirable
How to Apply for Project Officer role
A detailed Project Officer Job Profile can be accessed from the download section.
If you are ready for an exciting challenge as a Project Officer with an organisation whose mission and values are particularly relevant in these rapidly changing times, please forward your application, curriculum vitae and cover letter to: Practical Action, Kenya Office by email: email@example.com no later than 11th April, 2023 indicating ‘Practical Action: Job Title Position’ in the subject line of the email. Your cover letter should outline why you feel this is the position for you and you are the right candidate. Please include the names of 3 referees in your CV.
Practical Action is an equal opportunities employer and we encourage applications from under-represented groups. They stay committed to cultivating an inclusive and diverse working environment and believe that people from different backgrounds or cultures give us different perspectives, and the more perspectives we have, the more successful we will be. By building a culture where everyone feels heard, respected and valued we give everyone working with us the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
Practical Action is committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
To receive more Opportunities
Join our Whatsapp group
Join our Telegram group.