UNITAR is delighted to offer the Fifth and Sixth editions of the Human Rights Council Training Programme. This course will run in parallel to the real UN Human Rights Council in Geneva and aims at providing participants with in-depth knowledge on human rights and the functioning of the UN`s key body to promote them. If you are passionate about pursuing a United Nations Career then the UNITAR Human Rights Council Training Programme is the best programme for you!
In line with UNITAR’s mandate, this programme aspires to enhance participants’ knowledge and skills in the areas of human rights and international affairs as well as a United Nations career. This will empower them to take on leadership roles in their respective environments and thereby continue to promote the respect for human rights in the world.
UNITAR further intends to strengthen the participants’ conviction of the principles enshrined in the UN Charter, especially human rights. It lastly aspires to give its participants the opportunity to gain valuable insights into possible United Nations careers and employment opportunities in the United Nations system.
Overview of the UNITAR Human Rights Council Training Programme
The UNITAR Human Rights Council Training Programme lasts three weeks and runs on UNITAR ́s virtual learning platform. It is created and facilitated by senior experts working at UN agencies. In addition, UNITAR staff assists in the organisational aspects of the online course and stands ready to interact with participants on a daily basis.
The backbone of the UNITAR Human Rights Council Training Programme will be three e-Learning modules. Every module contains reading material, multimedia files, a discussion forum for written exchanges and a multiple choice assessment quiz. The online course will contain the following modules:
- Module 1 – The United Nations
- Module 2 – Conference Diplomacy
- Module 3 – Human Rights, Climate Change and the SDGs
The e-Learning modules will be complemented by a series of live components delivered to participants via Zoom. These encompass several 3-hour interactive e-workshops run by experts such as current UN staff or retired ambassadors. The UNITAR Human Rights Council Training Programme will offer the following e-workshops:
- Negotiation Skills
- Leadership Skills
- UN Resolution Writing Skills
Most importantly, the UNITAR Human Rights Council Training Programme runs in parallel to the real Human Rights Council sessions in Geneva. Participants will therefore be able to attend its sessions in live-stream. In addition, they will have the opportunity to learn from UN experts in 1.5 hour webinars as well as virtual guided tours.
- Real Sessions of the Human Rights Council in live-stream
- Live-Webinars with UN human rights experts
- Virtual Guided Tours through the UN Palace of Nations
For more information regarding the program‘s content, schedule and expert biographies, kindly check the online course syllabus of the previous edition
UNITAR welcomes a variety of professional backgrounds as well as different degrees of experience among its participants who also are interested in a United Nations career. The UNITAR Human Rights Council Training Programme is therefore open to all actors related to international affairs who have a genuine passion for human rights.
Participants can include public sector officials, private sector professionals and representatives from NGOs, think tanks or academia. University students and high school students are equally welcome to apply.
In order to ensure the highest quality standards, the registration will be closed after 50 participants. Slots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. At the end of the programme, all participants will receive an official UNITAR certificate.
In order to register, kindly follow the below steps:
- On the event page, click on “registration”. The UNITAR Human Rights Council Training programme will the be added to your shopping cart.
- Click on the “check out” button
- Create your own profile on the UNITAR event page and fill out the required sections
- Review the correctness of all information and choose payment method: (i) credit card or (ii) bank transfer
- If you choose credit card, your payment is definite and is completed immediately on the spot
- If you choose to pay by bank transfer, your payment is not definite yet and could be delayed to a later point in time
- In either of both choices, click on complete payment. UNITAR will follow up with you via email thereafter
To receive more Opportunities
Join our Whatsapp group
Join our Telegram group.