Recruitment Operations Specialist
Application Deadline: 24 April, 2023
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Recruitment Officer
Directorate/Department/Organ : Human Resources Management
Division : Division : HR Shared Services
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Number of Positions: 2
Job Grade: GSA5
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Purpose of Recruitment Operations Specialist Job
The Recruitment Operations Specialist will provide frontline operational support in the recruitment of staff for AU Commission Departments/Directorates. Participate in recruitment processes and activities to ensure the smooth running of all recruitment procedures.
Main Functions of the Recruitment Operations Specialist
• Provides timely operational support;
• Plans and prepares draft operational work schedules and follow up implementation;
• Coordinates and/or Engages in technical assistance and/or logistical work;
• Provides support for the creation, improvement and maintenance of operational processes and systems;
• Prepares office communication and drafts reports;
• Handles communication at operational level and provides update;
• Provide support for the compilation and maintenance of data and information for preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, activities etc
Specific Responsibilities of the Recruitment Operations Specialist
• Provide support for the provision of comprehensive first line information about recruitment to departments and responding to recruitment related queries in a responsive and client focused manner;
• Coordinates the scheduling and organizing shortlisting and interview sessions for client departments
• Makes logistical and administrative arrangements for shortlisting and interview exercises for panels and candidates;
• Delivers accurate shortlisting and Interview reports using success factor;
• Conducts follow up on recruitment decisions to ensure their timely implementation;
• Prepares weekly activity report of shortlisting and interview for submission to the recruitment officer
• Ensures reference checking for successful candidates;
• Provides support for processing appointment decisions by submitting all relevant and complete documents to the appointing authority.
• Creates contracts on SAP upon appointment of successful candidate;
• Undertakes clerical and administrative work related to recruitment;
• Coordinates travel for fly-in candidate;
• Maintains candidate database and ensures record keeping for all recruitment activities;
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• A Diploma in Human Resource Management, Administration or any other related field with five (5) years’ experience in administrative work in similar international organizations.
• Candidates with Bachelor’s degree are required to have two (2) years’ experience in administrative work in similar international organization.
Required Skills for Recruitment Operations Specialist role
• Knowledge in SAP success factor is desirable
• Planning and organizational skills
• Negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Communication and report writing skills
• Computing skills
• Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
Teamwork and Collaboration;
Accountability awareness and Compliance;
Job Knowledge and information sharing:
Continuous Improvement Awareness;
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the Recruitment Operations Specialist contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 12,834.00 (GSA5 Step1) per annum for Recruitment Operations Specialist role plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications for Recruitment Operations Specialist role must be made not later than April 24, 2023
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Requisition ID: 1428
To receive more Opportunities
Join our Whatsapp group
Join our Telegram group.