African Union is Recruiting for Head of Division Information Society (US$50,746/year salary): APPLY NOW!
Head of Division Information Society
Application Deadline : 4 May 2023
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Director, Infrastructure and Energy
Directorate/Department/Organ: Infrastructure and Energy
Division: Information Society
Number of Direct Reports: 6
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P5
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Addis Ababa , Ethiopia
Purpose of Head of Division Information Society Job
The Head of Division Information Society directs and manages the daily operations of the Information Society Division in order to achieve the strategic objectives of the directorate and the AU’s overall goals.
Main Functions of the Head of Division Information Society
• Designs and implements policies, programs and projects to achieve the directorate’s strategic objectives.
• Manages and supervises employees within the division, ensures the timely delivery of the directorate’s goals and effective staff performance evaluation;
• Designs policies, strategies and programs to contribute to the effective implementation of relevant AU Policy Organs Decisions;
• Ensures the delivery of the division’s annual targets in line with the directorate’s overall goals and ensures robust and timely monitoring and reporting;
• Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of all Units within the Division
• Manages the work of the Division and supervises direct reports to ensure their effective performance in line with the organization’s performance management policy and system;
• Engages stakeholders within Members States and Regional Economic Communities (RECs)/Regional Mechanisms(RMs) and relevant international organisations in designing and implementing strategies.
• Maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Division;
• Maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member States and partner institutions in the execution of the Division’s mandate.
• Represents the organisation and communicates its position at conferences.
• Contributes to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitor budget execution at division level.
• Ensures the effective management of funds contributed to the organization;
• Manages risk within the division and recommends mitigation strategies
• Contributes to the development of the departmental business continuity plan and ensures implementation at division level
• Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
Specific Responsibilities of the Head of Division Information Society
• Designs appropriate policies, strategies and programs for the development of Communication and Information Technologies (CIT) in Africa: including ICT, Telecommunications, Radio- Communication, Spectrum, Broadcasting Technologies, Postal Services and Domain Name Systems;
• Promotes and supports Digitalization and Digital Transformations in/of the continent by mainstreaming and integrating ICT for wide use within all socio-development sectors specifically, in Education, Health, Agriculture, Trade, Economy, Environment and Government services;
• Develops and Promoting cybersecurity and Personal Data Protection culture, strategies and Programs at the national, regional and Continental levels;
• Elaborates, coordinate and supports implementation of strategies and programs for the harmonization of CIT policies and regulatory frameworks and Programs in Africa;
• Coordinates and facilitates effective harmonization of the CIT and technological activities at sub-regional and regional levels, in collaboration with RECs and Specialized institutions (SI) within Agenda 2063 and NEPAD strategic visions;
• Promotes the development of Internet, African Domain Name Systems, African Digital platforms and African Internet Exchange Systems;
• Coordinates and follows-up the working relationship between the AU and other partners in the fields, like UN agencies, NGOs, other regional centers, etc.;
• Increases awareness among Member States on the issue of ICT and work towards harmonization of ICT policies among Member States;
• Pays attention to the issue of traditional technologies through seminars, workshops and training programs;
• Manages Human and financial resources of the Division including budget preparation and staff appraisals;
• Prepares and Organizes meetings of the Sectoral Specialized Technical Committee(STC) and it its subcommittees and working Groups;
• Sets Monitoring Evaluation Systems for the implementation of Policies, Regulatory frameworks and program of the sector;
• Sets coordination mechanism with RECs, Specialized Institutions and other AUC departments on issues of the sector.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience for Head of Division Information Society role
A Master’s Degree in Telecommunications/ICT, Computer Science, Information Technologies or related fields with twelve (12) years of relevant work experience of which seven (7) years at managerial level and five (5) years at supervisory level.
Required Skills for Head of Division Information Society role
• Leadership and management skills
• Communication, report writing and presentation skills
• Research and analytical skills
• Interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Ability to work in teams and in a multi-cultural environment
• Knowledge in international educational reforms and strategies
• Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, systems, and standards
• Planning, Budgeting, and Organization skills.
• Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, and Spanish); fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
Foster Accountability Culture
Communicating with impact
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the Head of Division Information Society contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 50,746.00 (P5 Step1) per annum for the Head of Division Information Society role plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications for Head of Division Information Society must be made not later than May 4, 2023.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the Head of Division Information Society post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered for Head of Division Information Society position.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Requisition ID: 1621
VISIT THE PAGE HERE AND APPLY
To receive more Opportunities
Join our Whatsapp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: