Overview of the COP28 Internship Opportunity
The IEA is offering a COP28 Internship Opportunity for a minimum of six months from May/June 2023 to join a team of enthusiastic professionals reporting to the Head of the Environment and Climate Change Unit (ECC).
Main Responsibilities of the COP28 Internship
Specific responsibilities will depend on the profile and experience of the selected candidate, as well as priorities within the team during the COP28 internship period. Interns are expected to contribute to the following:
• Support the planning and execution of outreach and engagement activities for UNFCCC COP28 and other international climate events (e.g., event and meeting preparation, notetaking, briefing materials, presentation slides)
• Support the creation and dissemination of communication materials for IEA’s participation in UNFCCC COP28 and other international climate events
• Attend and prepare summaries of conferences, meetings, workshops or webinars as requested.
• Support various ongoing analyses related to enhancing the resilience of energy systems to climate impacts (see for example previous work on climate resilience for energy security, electricity security, hydropower, and climate resilience policy indicator)
• Support other relevant tasks if requested
Requirements for COP28 Internship
• Be enrolled in a full-time graduate degree programme for the entire duration of the internship, in a field or discipline related to the work of the IEA / OECD.
• Available for a full-time Internship.
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
• Able to be physically present at the IEA office in Paris.
• Hold the nationality of an IEA member country.
Please note that internships are open for candidates enrolled as full-time students in an accredited educational or research academic programme for the duration of their internship. Online courses or other forms of academic programmes that do not award students with a degree (Bachelor, Master or PhD) will not be recognised as an accredited programme.
How to Apply for COP28 Internship:
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Ms Jinsun Lim (email@example.com) with the email subject “COP28 internship application – [your first name] [your family name]”. In the email, please indicate the exact period of your availability for this internship.
To receive more Opportunities
Join our Whatsapp group
Join our Telegram group.