CLOSING DATE: Sunday 4th June 2023, 23:59 (CEST)
Remote Administrative Assistant: Job description
Up to 6 months fixed contract / part-time (0.6 FTE)
*Exact contract duration to be determined, project is expected to run until end of 2023.
*Applicants applying on a secondment basis must seek approval from their line manager before applying.
Start date: as soon as possible, we are going to review and interview applicants on a rolling basis, so please do not wait until the deadline to apply.
Greenpeace International in the Political, Business & Peace Unit (PBPU) is seeking a Remote Adminstrative Assistant to join the team. Reporting to the Unit Coordinator, the Adminstrative Aassistant will provide day to day administrative support to the Coordinator and to the team. For the first 3 months the main focus will be to support the Coordinator in the phase back in from extended sick leave, while in the second part of the contract the main focus will be to support the Coordinator and the team for the transition to the new structure, with specific attention to guarantee proper transition of info and documentation. In addition, they might be asked to support other pieces of work and projects.
Adminstrative Assistant duties will include:
- Deal with subscriptions, payments and other Finance-related matters;
- Assist Coordinator with budget review;
- Assist Coordinator with service agreements and freelance contracts;
- Point of contact for the team for IT matters;
- Make sure that Coordinator and team are updated on all Org Support-related matters.
- Make travel & accommodation arrangements for the team in case of meetings / events (i.e. team retreat); if needed, liaise with the Duty of Care team.
Support for update and maintenance of internal systems
- Assist with preparation of team calls, other scheduling and maintenance of team calendar;
- Assist Coordinator and Unit Head for update and maintenance of signon email account and Greennet page;
- Assist Coordinator for update and maintenance of PBP Shared Drive filing and archiving system and of PBP Greennet pages;
- Assist Coordinator for the maintenance of Political Calendar, Community Database and Corporate Database.
- Potentially work on PBP newsletter
- Assist Coordinator and other team members on specific requests
Adminstrative Assistant Job requirements
What we’re looking for:
Remember no one has every skill or experience needed for the Adminstrative Assistant role and you’ll have the opportunity to learn a lot from the team. We believe someone who has a few of these is well suited to exceed in this role:
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Digital literacy
- Experience in administrative support
- Strong time management skills
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrable support for and belief in Greenpeace’s core aims and values.
What you can expect from the Adminstrative Assistant role
You’ll be encouraged to develop both personally and professionally, taking advantage of the wide range of learning and development opportunities available to our staff. Staff can also access our wellness initiatives, such as yoga and meditation and also have the opportunity to join our global Equity, Diversity & Inclusion staff communities.
Please click HERE to visit the careers site, to learn more about working for Greenpeace.
Greenpeace is a global campaigning network. It comprises 26 independent national/regional organisations, and a coordinating organisation, Greenpeace International. Greenpeace uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
Our goal is to ensure the ability of the earth to nurture life in all its diversity. That means we want to:
- protect biodiversity in all its forms
- prevent pollution and abuse of the earth’s ocean, land, air and fresh water
- end all nuclear threats
- promote peace, global disarmament and non-violence
How to Apply for Adminstrative Assistant role
To apply for this Adminstrative Assistant role, we require you to answer a selection of key criteria and upload your CV (in English) via our online application form.
Addressing the key criteria is an important part of your application. We will be looking for evidence that demonstrates your skills and experience in these areas. Use examples where possible, to draw attention to experience, knowledge, achievements and skills gained in past employment or voluntary/leisure activities, provided they are relevant to the Adminstrative Assistant post.
It’s advisable to prepare your responses to the key criteria before starting your online application, as you are unable to save and return to it at a later date.
If you have any questions about this Adminstrative Assistant vacancy or the application process, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that all applications have to be filled out via the website and can’t be submitted via this email.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and would like to invite you especially to apply!
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 4th June 2023, 23:59 (CEST)
To receive more Opportunities
Join our Whatsapp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: