Human Resources Assistant vacancy (PAP)
Deadline: Oct 4, 2023
Location: South Africa
Organization: African Union
Purpose of Human Resources Assistant Job
The Human Resources Assistant Vacancy will allow the candidate to provide secretarial and general administrative support services.
Human Resources Assistant Main Functions
• Assists in the recruitment and selection of staff including initiating and following up on reference checks and academic qualification ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities.
• Assist in preparing and dispatching offers of appointment to newly recruited staff of the Pan African Parliament.
• Reviews and processes staff entitlements and claims in accordance with Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Processes and follows up on action related to the administration of entitlements in respect of the staff serving the Pan-African Parliament Ordinary Sessions and other meetings.
• Follows up on actions related to the administration of the Human Resource activities on a day-to-day basis as well as during the meetings of the Pan African Parliament.
• Performs other related Human Resource and Administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Human Resources Assistant Specific Responsibilities
• Inputs and maintains HR data in the SAP system.
• Assist in generating of HR reports from the SAP system as and when required.
• Assists in the preparation of correspondence, reports, evaluation and justifications as required for general HR administrative tasks.
• Works with the Registry Clerk in maintaining up-to-date staff files and records.
• Provides support during Pan-African Parliament’s statutory meetings by compiling consolidated list of support staff, preparing invitation letters and contracts.
• Prepares documents for APROB and Loans Committee meetings.
Human Resources Assistant Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
Diploma in Human Resource Management/Development, Law, Business/Public Administration, or related social science fields with three (3) years’ experience in Human Resources Management or a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management/Development, Law, Business Administration, Public Administration, social science with two (2) years’ work experience in Human Resources Management.
Human Resources Assistant Required Skills
• Good knowledge and experience of HR best practices.
• Excellent knowledge and practical experience of computer programs at the user level i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, etc.
• Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
• Planning and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
..Risk Awareness and Compliance
..Teamwork and Collaboration
..Accountability awareness and Compliance
Job Knowledge and Information Sharing ….
..Continuous Improvement Awareness
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 15,758.00 (GSA5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications must be made not later than October 4, 2023.
Join our Whatsapp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: