Business Support Assistants (Multiple Locations) SC5/G5 (830201)
Fixed Term – Africa, Central & Eastern – Cameroon – Yaounde – Working Job Language (2) – BUSINESS SUPPORT
This is an opportunity for an exciting and challenging position as a Business Support Assistant within a multicultural and interdisciplinary team on a relevant topic.
|Business Support Assistant (Multiple Location)
|TYPE OF CONTRACT:
|DUTY STATION (City, Country):
|Multiple Location, Cameroon
WHO WE ARE?
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do, and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: https://www.wfp.org and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
WFP Cameroon is part of the Country Offices in the Regional Bureau for Central and West Africa (RBD) facing multiple humanitarian crises that simultaneously aggravate existing socio-economic vulnerabilities in the country. The fragile security situation in the Northern part of the Country, a protracted refugee operation in the East and crises in the Northwest and Southwest regions has left millions of people vulnerable to food insecurity.
WFP provides a key emergency response component of the Humanitarian Response Plan through regular food and sustainable development assistance to part of the food insecure and vulnerable people in the country. With the launch of the second-generation strategic plan, it is imperative to obtain the optimum capacity of staff, partners and beneficiaries given theprecarious humanitarian situation and importance of delivering efficient and quick support. This role further described below, will contribute to the World Food Programme’s mission in Cameroon to Saving Lives, Changing Lives.
PURPOSE OF BUSINESS SUPPORT ASSISTANT ASSIGNMENT:
To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
Why work with us?
- WFP provides food assistance to more than 86 million people in 83 countries, including Cameroon. Your work will have a positive impact on lives of the world’s most vulnerable people.
- You will join a diverse team of professionals and will have an opportunity to exchange your experiences with your colleagues and continuously learning from each other.
- WFP invests in the training and development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, mentorship, and other programs as well as through international mobility opportunities.
- Our team is growing nationally and internationally and the timing to join us cannot be better!
Join us to make a difference, watch this video to know more about us!!
BUSINESS SUPPORT ASSISTANT KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
2. Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
3. Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
4. Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff.
5. Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
6. Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
7. Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
8. Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
9. Provide guidance to junior colleagues in performing their duties.
BUSINESS SUPPORT ASSISTANT STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
|Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
|Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
|Technical Knowledge & Skills:
|Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience. Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service. Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention. Ability to monitor and record financial transactions. Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
|General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
DEADLINE FOR BUSINESS SUPPORT ASSISTANT APPLICATIONS
Ref.: VA 830201
Kindly note the only documents you need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter. Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc may potentially be requested at a future time.
For candidates who experience problems accessing WFP E-recruitment platform and need accommodations in applying, please contact email@example.com mentioning the VA number in the subject line.
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: