Apply now for the International Youth to Youth Summit
About the International Youth to Youth Summit
The 7th edition of the International Youth to Youth Summit is the unmissable event for young changemakers, social entrepreneurs and activists! It will be held in Johannesburg, South Africa from 10 to 14 November, 2022 and will be devoted to the topic of social entrepreneurship as a tool to decrease youth unemployment and build a better world.
Since its first event in 2015, Y2Y Summit has become the main networking hub, offering hyper relevant content, experience, skills development, inspiring and boosting young leaders globally. The Summit became a platform for over 700 delegates to raise their voice, 70 youth-led projects to be pitched, 150+ impactful speakers to share their expertise, providing over 300 hours of learning content.
Over four days, we will offer insight and inspiration to help you transform your mindset and career. With learning, networking and your professional development more important than ever before, sessions will be dynamic, informative and packed with practical advice. To deepen cooperation and partnership, the event aims at providing a number of networking sub-events including workshops and cultural activities, enhancement of the Y2Y Alumni Network, which serves as a space for strengthening unity between youth from different continents of the world, and pitching competition for the youth-led social ideas and projects.
The Summit serves as a starting point and offers post-Summit training for early social entrepreneurs, minigrants for projects’ implementation and year-long mentorship program at Y2Y Action Hub.
Learn more about previous editions of the Summit: https://y2yinitiative.org/y2y-summit/
Learn more about the event here: https://summit2022.y2yinitiative.org/
The 8 most aspiring leaders are selected on the competitive basis and supported by microgrants to implement their projects and initiatives. 5 top winners of the Summit’s pitching competition receive a year-long mentorship programme in Y2Y Action Hub – an online incubator for the development and successful implementation of socially beneficial ideas, concepts, start-ups, projects and initiatives created by youth and for youth. 12 best presenters of the pitching competition of the Summit are invited to join the follow-up program – School for Early Social Entrepreneurs “TRANSFORM” (SSE) for free. This program aims to explore the basic types of social enterprises and their legal forms, best development scenarios for the startups, strategies for project management in a sustainable manner, commercial marketing principles and tools to realize the successful social campaign, communication and partnership strategies, best practices for the design and branding as well as pitching, prototyping and presenting projects.
The results of the mentorship, projects’ development and implementation are presented at the next year Summit, closing a full circle from networking and inspiration to learning, implementation and impact measurement.
ELIGIBILITY & APPLICATION TERMS:
The Summit annually brings 120 of the brightest students, youth activists, emerging leaders, entrepreneurs, young professionals and businessmen together to connect, learn and cooperate. 60 participants usually come from the hosting country and 40 participants from around the world aged 16 to 35 to collaborate during the Summit and work on actions promoting sustainable development, peacebuilding and social justice during the post-Summit program.
To become a delegate and participate in the 7th International Youth to Youth Summit 2022, you should:
- be a citizen of any country of the world and hold a valid travel document;
- be between 17 to 37 years old;
- demonstrate strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- have a passion to create positive social change, and play a bigger role in your community development;
- have a good level of written and spoken English (not less than intermediate);
- demonstrate your willingness to invest in Y2Y Alumni Network’s development;
- pay application and participation fee (application fee will be deducted from the participation fee of successful candidates);
There are two ways to take part in the Summit:
- Self-funded (apply, get selected, pay the participation fee according to your category, and sort out your travel to the Summit!) Y2Y is ready to support your fundraising efforts by providing you with all the necessary paperwork;
- Partially-funded (apply, ensuring you are an outstanding candidate with a socially-innovative project ready to compete in the pitching contest, get selected, pay 50% of the participation fee according to your category, and sort out your travel to the Summit!)
Once selected, delegate requires to pay the participation fee within 7 days to secure their spot at the event. REMEMBER! Application fee is non-refundable, though it’s deducted from the participation fee of selected candidates.
To receive more opportunities:
Visit our social media pages: