Deakin Student Support Scholarship
A Deakin Student Support Scholarship offers financial support to students who display passion, perseverance and commitment to study, and experience financial or personal hardship.
Applications for Trimester/Semester 1 2024 open 15 September 2023.
Bachelor’s applications for Trimester/Semester 1 2024 close 9 January 2024 at 5pm.
Postgraduate, Honours and Associate Degree applications for Trimester/Semester 1 2024 close 14 February 2024 at 5pm.
Bachelor Scholarship offer rounds
Early Round: To be considered for these early round scholarship offers you will need to submit your application and all supporting documentation by 5 December 2023 at 5pm.
Round 1: To be considered for these Round 1 scholarship offers you will need to submit your application and all supporting documentation by 9 January 2024 at 5pm.
We will be aiming for full allocation at this round.
Re-offer Round: To be considered for any remaining scholarships, not taken up in previous offer rounds, you will need to submit your application and all supporting documentation by 31 January 2024 at 5pm.
All scholarships will be offered within six weeks of the Re-offer round closing date.
Various options for support are available:
- $10,000 per year for the normal duration of your course ($1250 per credit point) or
- $7500 per year for the normal duration of your course ($937.50 per credit point) or
- $5000 per year for the normal duration of your course ($625 per credit point) or
- $2500 per year for the normal duration of your course ($312.50 per credit point) or
- $1000 one off payment.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- enrolled in an associate, bachelor or honours degree in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP) or a postgraduate by coursework degree (CSP or full fee)
- enrolled at Deakin University in Trimester/Semester 1 2024
- enrolled full time unless there are circumstances preventing full-time study
- experiencing an area of hardship.
Areas of hardship
The Deakin Student Support Scholarship is aimed to provide support for students experiencing hardship.
Areas of hardship include:
- financial hardship – either that you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit, Low Income Health Care Card or have a personal or family taxable income below the threshold determined by the University
- rural, regional or remote home location
- disability/long term medical condition
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background
- arrived in Australia as a refugee
- other demonstrable hardship.
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct Document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of your financial hardship (if applicable)
- evidence of your medical condition (if applicable).
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
One application multiple scholarships:
When applying direct to Deakin for these scholarships, select either the ‘Undergraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2024‘ or the ‘Postgraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2024‘ option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for this scholarship. At the same time your application will also be considered for other scholarships that you are eligible for in the selection process.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chance of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: