Apply for the Climate Adaptation Advisor – Agriculture and Food Security Asia role at SNV!
Climate Adaptation Advisor Job Description
SNV takes upon a crucial role as a partner in the management of the Origination Facility (OF) under the Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD, www.thedfcd.com). The primary objective within this facility is to source and develop projects until they reach the level of ‘bankability’. This phase is crucial as it paves the way for FMO (Netherlands Development Bank) and CFM (Climate Fund Managers) to secure private sector funding necessary for the implementation of impactful, climate-resilient projects.
The OF is uniquely dedicated to identifying promising business ideas or projects and conducting preliminary feasibility studies, all with a specific focus on various thematic subsectors encompassed by the DFCD. We are strategically positioned to exploit landscape strategies to source activities and transform them into viable business propositions for our two investment windows, Water and Land use.
In a promising development, the Dutch government has recently granted approval for an additional €40 million in funding for the Origination Facility, covering the period from 2024 to 2027.
As a Climate Adaptation Advisor – Agriculture and Food Security at SNV, your role is to provide technical advisory support, focusing on the development of climate-resilient agriculture and food security projects. This dynamic role encompasses guiding these projects from inception to a bankable stage, enabling private sector investment within the region. You will report directly to the Project Manager and working closely alongside SNV DFCD regional staff and at the country level with other SNV personnel and DFCD consortium members.
This role empowers you to drive impactful climate-resilient projects in agriculture and food security. We seek an ambitious, innovative, and collaborative individual deeply committed to sustainability and positive change in these vital sectors. Join us in shaping a more sustainable and resilient future on a global scale.
Climate Adaptation Advisor Key Responsibilities:
You will have a crucial role in driving the mission of the DFCD Origination Facility, with key responsibilities including:
- Origination Pipeline Development: Collaborate closely with the Regional Business and Investment Experts to craft and execute a strategic origination pipeline that is not only comprehensive but also climate resilient, spanning multiple countries.
- Project Enhancement: Take charge of enhancing individual origination projects, with a particular focus on optimizing their climate adaptation relevance within a landscape impact framework.
- Landscape Narrative Development: Develop and periodic updates of landscape narrative documents together with the Regional Business and Investment experts, M&E advisors, and other key DFCD consortium partners.
- Capacity Building: Building the capacity of companies and SNV colleagues in the region, focusing on climate change adaptation strategies.
- Strategic Documentation: Develop pertinent learning documents and strategic documentation to provide comprehensive origination support.
- Representation: Prepare and present DFCD initiatives at regional and global events, effectively communicating our mission and impact.
- Partnership Identification: Identify and foster partnerships with relevant partners and networks that offer valuable learning opportunities and amplify the impact of our initiatives.
Climate Adaptation Advisor Qualifications
- Hold an MSc degree in a field related to Agriculture and Climate Change.
- Possess in-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience in climate change adaptation, especially within the context of agriculture and food security.
- Expertise in landscape approaches that contribute significantly to climate resilience.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in the fields of climate change and the agri-food sector.
- Demonstrate a track record of effectively working in international settings and/or emerging markets.
- Exhibit familiarity with biodiversity issues and their intersection with climate adaptation, enriching project strategies.
- Combine strategic thinking with strong analytical skills, including financial modeling capabilities.
- Build productive internal and external relationships and embrace a strong service-oriented, client-centric approach.
- Function as an effective team player with strong networking skills to facilitate meaningful connections.
- Proactive and solution-oriented work approach.
- Excellent planning, administration, organizing, and prioritizing skills.
- Show a keen awareness of risks and the ability to escalate issues when necessary.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal, with preference for proficiency in French, both written and verbal.
- Share a deep affinity with SNV’s mission and thematic areas.
Climate Adaptation Advisor Additional Information
- Contract Type: Full time, International
- Duty Station: Bangladesh, Cambodia or Indonesia
- Contract Duration: 2 years with the possibility of extension
- Expected Start Date: January/February 2024
- Travel: Frequently (30%)
How to apply for Climate Adaptation Advisor
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and a letter of motivation before/on the 1st of November 2023. Please submit your application only via Smart Recruiters. All information will be processed in the strictest confidence.
If we see that your experience and skills match the requirements of the Climate Adaptation Advisor position, we will contact you shortly after the application deadline to discuss the next steps in the recruitment process. This will typically involve two interview rounds and an assignment. We aim to keep the process moving efficiently and will reach out promptly once we’ve had the chance to review all applications.
*SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: