General Services Specialist – Facilities Administration
Location: Incheon, South Korea (ICN), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
Deadline: 1 December 2023 (11:59 PM KST)
Job Category: International
Salary: 123,770 USD (plus attractive benefits, that include the following allowances (as applicable): Relocation, dependency, education assistance and home country travel.)
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their people. Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations.
The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change. Since its establishment, the GCF has approved 190 projects in 123 countries and has committed USD 10 billion in climate finance. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries to identify their needs, in particular, those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts. The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
General Services Specialist Position Objective
Under the guidance of the General Services Manager, the Facilities and General Services Specialist – Facilities Administration acts as a project manager to identify, define, specify, select, and implement solutions that address the service delivery needs of the General Services Team.
This General Services Specialist role includes responsibility for:
- Defining, measuring, and reporting service quality metrics and supporting continuous improvement of GST functions and responsibilities
- Adapting and executing the project lifecycle for GST improvement initiatives, from initiation through to closure, requiring a detailed understanding of the GCF procurement cycle
- Leading and sustaining effective communication and change management for GST initiatives
- Providing support in GCF occupational safety and security services, including physical and personnel security
General Services Specialist Duties and responsibilities
General Services Specialist Purpose
- Manage the full cycle of projects improvement related to internal systems and processes under the remit of the General Services Team (GST).
- Lead the preparation of guidelines for management and maintenance of GCF facilities.
- Provide an analysis and budget forecasting for facilities capex priorities, investment, identify risks or safety management issues, and take actions as appropriate.
- Guide continuous improvement efforts to support business outcomes, and define, track, and communicate project goals and objectives in order to deliver effective change management throughout the project management lifecycle.
- Contribute to building a high performing team, delivering business change and improvement initiatives relating to business systems, ICT, workforce capability, business process improvement and strategic initiatives.
- Manage and coordinate resource allocation across initiatives to ensure delivery of projects, and encourage effective teamwork and foster a positive attitude toward the achievement of GCF and GST objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective consultation and relationships with internal and external project stakeholders including subject matter experts, stakeholder reference groups, and project governance / senior leadership.
- Facilitate effective communication channels to promote the successful delivery of projects including feedback mechanisms and management of customer expectations.
- Build vendor relationships and manage supplier performance.
- Align GST services with the overall DSS strategy and objectives, including working with stakeholders to continually optimize the governance and decision-making processes within projects.
- Analyze customer services delivery outcomes across the General Services Team, identify and consult on continuous improvement opportunities, and contribute to embedding new initiatives in the GCF operational context.
- Steer the establishment and delivery of formal and high level/Governance projects across the General Services Team.
- Draft and revise business cases, project plans, statements of works, and vendor-provided artefacts, highlighting potential issues and dependencies and recommending ways for ensuring project success.
- In consultation with the Office of Human Resources (OHR) define, specify, select, and lead the implementation of GCF-wide online training materials for health and safety, including building evacuation, fire safety, and information security.
- Prepare presentation and briefing material, status reports for the Fund’s internal divisions, the Senior Management Team and other stakeholder groups.
- Capture and share project outcomes and learnings, and implement and foster best practice technology and project management methodologies.
- Model ethical behavior and consistently applies those ethical standards to self and others.
General Services Specialist Required experience and qualifications
- Master’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Contract Management, Occupational Safety and Security or similar postgraduate qualification. A Bachelor’s Degree with an additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree requirement.
- At least 9 years of professional experience in project management and corporate service delivery, with at least five years of experience working directly with diverse stakeholder groups and senior business leaders.
- Certification in project management (e.g., PRINCE2 and PMP) is a strong advantage.
- Organized, fast paced, process oriented and flexible – willingness to assume multiple roles and tasks to meet changing business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships and communicate with colleagues at all levels across the organization.
- Strong Knowledge of procurement, financial management, and vendor management processes is essential.
- Experience with physical and personnel security in an international organization context is an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position.
The closing date for General Services Specialist application is 1 December 2023. Applications submitted after the deadline may not be considered.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the General Services Specialist position will be proposed for appointment. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references.
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: