The American University in Cairo (AUC) Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate-TLG Students Program 2023 (Fully funded) to study Master’s Degree: APPLY NOW!
Apply for The American University in Cairo (AUC) Tomorrow's Leaders Graduate-TLG Students Program 2023 (Fully funded) to study Master's Degree
US Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/AC), and AUC
Application Deadline: 5 December 2022
Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) students program is a joint effort between the US Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/AC), and AUC. TLG equips academically qualified and economically deserving students with the professional qualifications and experience needed to advance knowledge and contribute to the achievement of socially relevant outcomes through organized graduate study and research that furthers the professionalization of emerging leaders and proposes local solutions to shared problems in the MENA region.
TLG students program offers students from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) a unique opportunity to pursue higher education and earn a master’s degree at The American University in Cairo (AUC) in one of the following graduate programs:
- Master of Arts in Gender and Women’s Studies in the Middle East/North Africa
- Master of Arts in International and Comparative Education (EDUL)
- Master of Arts in Migration and Refugee Studies (MRS)
- Master of Arts in Economics in International Development (ECID)
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication (JRMC)
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- MA in Middle East Studies (MES)
- The students who are eligible to join should be nationals/citizens of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, Syria, Bahrain, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Meet AUC graduate admission requirements
- Strong academic potential with a bachelor’s degree of a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Possess maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential demonstrated in a combination of extracurricular activities, recommendations, and interviews.
- Financial need
Applicants to the TLG students program must commit to pursuing their graduate thesis research in one of the following research projects:
- Master of Arts in Gender and Women’s Studies in the Middle East/North Africa’s topics: Contemporary Urbanisms; Activism; Women and Work.
- Master of Arts in International and Comparative Education’s topics: Emotional intelligence in school leadership; Commitment to educational reform; Female employment after graduation; Gender and science education; Teachers’ professional development challenges; Education for sustainable development through K-20; Policies to promote educational sustainability among disadvantaged communities.
- Master of Arts in Migration and Refugee Studies’ topics: Poverty and inequality among migrants and refugees; The effect of Covid 19 on migrants and refugees; The Post-Ukrainian conflict and its effects; Gender issues among migrants and refugees.
- Master of Arts in Economics in International Development’s topics: Female economic empowerment; The effectiveness of labor market policies; entrepreneurship and MSME support; Public health; NGOs and civil society organizations; Poverty; Migration & refugees; Climate change and the environment.
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication’s topics: Public diplomacy, media and public opinion; The leader as a brand and influencer on social media; SDG communications; Climate change communication.
- Master of Public Policy’s topics: Social Protection Policies in Egypt and the Middle East; Data analytics for public policy; Urban policies and the planning of the city; Governance, accountability and stakeholder negotiations in the Middle East; Governance and the policy formation process; Program impact evaluation and learning; Higher education policy in Egypt and the Middle East.
- Master of Public Administration’s topics: Governance and innovation in public and non-profit organizations; Nonprofit management and resource mobilization; Program monitoring, evaluation, learning and data analytics; Social and environmental governance; Public Policy analysis and evaluation; Human resource management, diversity and organizational behavior; Strategic management for public and non-profit organizations.
- MA in Middle East Studies’ topics: Middle East Public Policy in the Global Context; Middle East Anthropology Sociology; Religious and Cultural Heritage of the Middle East.
The TLG students program is awarded for two years, in addition to any academic English language remedial courses that might be needed, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The TLG students program covers:
1. Full tuition fees for the fall and spring semesters
2. Medical insurance
3. A monthly stipend
4. Student Housing
6. Internship/practicum opportunity, including local transportation costs if needed
7. Opportunity to attend one conference to present research findings, applied to and awarded competitively, as per the guidelines for Graduate Student Support Grants
8. Two annual round-trip economy air tickets from home to campus; or housing and living stipend to continue approved program activities on campus during breaks for students unable to return home because of circumstances outside of their control
Responsibilities of TLG Students
- Students must maintain full-time status throughout their graduate studies
- Students are expected to complete their degrees within two years from their date of admission
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Commit to the chosen research projects
- Successfully complete at least one gender studies graduate-level course
- Successfully complete a TLG academic English writing course
- Successfully complete leadership/civic engagement workshops assigned throughout the program
- Take part in the TLG graduate student conferences
- Commit to all activities as described in the TLG program manual
The TLG students program application deadline for fall 2023 is December 5, 2022, and the AUC graduate admission deadline is December 15, 2022.
Step 1: Submit the TLG application
Step 2: Check how to apply and submit the online TLG students program – Graduate admission application.
For the TLG Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
For inquiries, send an email to email@example.com.
VISIT THE OFFICIAL PAGE HERE
To receive more opportunities:
Join our WhatsApp group and Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: