The 2023 TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme: DEADLINE IS TODAY, APPLY NOW!
Application Deadline: 6 March 2023
TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
Early-career researchers from the 21 least developed member countries of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) are eligible for an ambitious new postdoctoral fellowahip programme offered by IsDB and TWAS. The Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme support research related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, providing recipients with high-level training in areas relevant to sustainability science.
Minimum degree held
From 3 to 6 months
IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship programmes for Skills Building in Sustainability Science are tenable at centres of excellence in developing countries from this list: https://twas.org/developing-countries-south, i.e. research institutions with a well-established track record in research and a demonstrated competency in a field relevant to sustainability science.
A host centre should be identified by the candidate based on her particular area of research. In the latter case, TWAS and the scientific reviewers involved in the selection of awardees will make a decision on the suitability of the host institute proposed by the candidate. In all cases, the host centre must be located in a developing country. An example of a valid host centre is provided by the TWAS-CAS Centres of Excellence (https://twas.org/cas-twas-centres-excellence).
IsDB -TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is tenable for a minimum of three months to a maximum of six months.
Through the Fellowship, the selected scientist will be provided with a monthly allowance based on the cost of living in the host country to cover expenses such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
The fellowship will offer an allowance for bench fee costs up to USD2,600 as a contribution towards laboratory expenses necessary for the awardee’s research.
The Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme will cover the cost of a round-trip air ticket up to USD1,000. Any other travel expenses (e.g. airport transfers and local transportation) will be the awardee’s responsibility.
Information about living conditions (e.g. accommodation, transportation and any other issues related to the candidate’s stay in the host country) must be obtained directly from the host institution. Neither TWAS nor IsDB can provide this information.
The Postdoctoral Fellowship programme provides support for research projects in the following fields (please refer to the guidelines for details):
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Sustainable cities
- Responsible growth
- Waste management
- Population growth
- Green chemistry
- Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
- Water and hygiene
Applicants for IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship programme must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship programme
- Be up to 45 years of age at the time of the application
- Has preferably 5 years of experience in the field of research after the PhD
- Host Institute must be in a developing country from the list
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute
- Be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC from the list provided
- Be employed at an institution in her home country
Awarded scholars must:
- Not take up other assignments during the period of their fellowship
- Present a research plan agreed by their host supervisor
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members
- Be autonomous in regard to visa application, health insurance and housing in the host country
How to apply:
- Applications must be submitted only online via the link on the bottom of the webpage. Applications submitted by any other means will not be considered.
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit your electronic application, as early as possible
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Please note that a researcher may only submit one application at a time and for only one kind of grant or fellowship (i.e. either an IsDB-TWAS Fellowship, or a TWAS Research Grant or the OWSD Early Career Women Scientists (ECWS) Fellowship).
- For any queries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
When to apply
- The deadline for receiving applications is 6 March 2023. We strongly recommend that you do not wait until the deadline but submit the application as early as you can to enable us to process your application as quickly as possible.
VISIT THE OFFICIAL PAGE HERE
To receive more Opportunities
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: