SEforALL is hiring for Remote Senior Advisor, MEL Framework Development: APPLY NOW!
Apply for Remote Senior Advisor, MEL Framework Development role
Closing date: 20 Feb 2023
Department: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Duration of assignment: 5-6 months
Contract type: Part-time Short Term Consultant
Context and Objective of the Results Offer
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) programme at Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) is responsible for providing results-based monitoring, evaluation and reports to the organization’s Administrative Board and Funder’s Council. It has five main objectives:
- Design and implement MEL Frameworks and tools;
- Commission, manage and deliver timely, useful high-quality evaluations and reviews;
- Support evidence uptake, learning, internal MEL capacity development, and knowledge management;
- Provide MEL thought leadership, innovation, and communication; and
- Provide programme advisory support (programme design, proposal development, grant management and reporting), and internal MEL capacity development.
As SEforALL moves forward with the development of its next three-year business plan (2024-2026), It is seeking a suitably qualified remote senior advisor or senior consultant to develop a new MEL Framework to support the organization’s strategy, emerging information needs and adaptive management.
As an initial task, the senior advisor will facilitate an update to the organization’s theory of change (ToC) that will underpin the MEL framework (including cross-organizational Key Performance Indicators). The senior advisor will lead the development of MEL policy and practice guidelines and improved data management tools aligned with new data management systems at the organizational level.
Context and Objectives of Assignment:
This assignment involves facilitating an update to the organizational ToC and leading a process of reviewing and updating SEforALL’s institutional MEL Framework. The senior advisor or consultant will provide MEL expertise to document and assess current systems and processes and lead a consultative process that includes internal and external stakeholders, to produce an updated MEL Framework and set of guidelines that aligns with SEforALL’s mission and goals.
The new MEL Framework will be fit for purpose and provide information and evidence to support accountability, learning and improvement to support SEforALL’s impact.
Reporting to the Head of MEL, the Senior Advisor or Senior Consultant for MEL Framework Development (STC) will focus on the following objectives:
- Develop a comprehensive MEL framework, based on an updated TOC, and a related set of practice guidelines, that align with SEforALL’s mission and goals.
- Identify gaps or areas for further strengthening and innovating MEL approaches and methods, including development of key performance indicators and data collection and analysis methods for monitoring SEforALL’s progress towards achieving SDG7 by 2030.
- Provide recommendations for using MEL information to inform programme design and grant reporting as well as informing effective decision-making related to strategy adjustments and resource reallocation.
- Support a robust quality review of our processes in line with identified good practice from peer NGOs and relevant international organizations.
- Consult with external partners and stakeholders to ensure the new MEL framework is aligned and coherent with broader efforts to achieve SDG7.
- Support and coordinate SEforALL’s staff to implement the MEL framework and provide specialist coaching and training as needed to support MEL capacity development.
Duties and Tasks for the Role
The primary duties and tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and documenting current MEL system, activities, processes and tools, including assessment of coherence, quality, and utility.
- Developing a MEL policy, strategic framework and guidelines, in partnership with the MEL team and engaging with SEforALL staff across the organization.
- Conducting stakeholder consultation to inform MEL Framework development and ensure its quality and broader ownership
- Benchmarking SEforALL’s MEL function to similar institutions to inform the development of the new MEL strategic framework
- Identifying needs, gaps and areas for MEL innovation and development in terms of new approaches and methods, processes, and tools, including emerging new practice related to systems change and complexity (e.g. climate change).
- Contributing to the implementation of the new MEL framework and ongoing business planning for 2024-2026
|1. Updated SEforALL Theory of Change||April 2023|
|2. Institutional MEL Policy and Framework||May 2023|
|3. MEL Practice Guidelines||June 2023|
|4. MEL training for SEforALL staff||July 2023|
Specific Competencies for the Role
- Advanced and specialist knowledge and ability to design and implement a range of MEL approaches and methods.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent postgraduate qualification in a relevant technical area (e.g. social sciences, economics, international development, geography, ecology, public policy, engineering, or other relevant field); and a minimum of 12 years demonstrated experience leading the design and implementation of MEL Strategies and Frameworks across international organizations and development programmes
- Strong up-to-date knowledge of current global MEL good practice relevant to complex and systemic international development settings
- Substantial demonstrated experience advising Leadership and Management Teams, at organizational and programmatic levels
- A strong track record in providing advisory services for international organizations and NGOs on the development and implementation of MEL policies, frameworks and activities
- Demonstrable expertise in all aspects of monitoring, evaluation and learning, including cross-cutting issues (e.g. gender, environment), ethics and quality standards
- Experience in facilitating evidence uptake and use of MEL for management decisions
- Knowledge of the energy sector is desirable and considered a strong asset
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
The successful candidate will be offered an all-in daily rate determined depending on the successful candidate’s qualification and experience, and applying the principle of internal equity.
Please refer to our core values as defined here: https://www.seforall.org/who-we-are/staff/our-values.
- SEforALL offers exciting high-impact assignments, a collegial and creative work environment, and the opportunity for committed professionals to thrive and grow within flat hierarchies and in the pursuit of an inspiring mission.
- SEforALL provides competitive compensation packages at its locations in Vienna, Washington DC and New York City, and flexibility and result orientated modern workplace arrangements.
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- SEforALL reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.
VISIT THE OFFICIAL PAGE HERE
To receive more Opportunities
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: