IRENA Consultant – IRENA Innovation Week
IRENA Consultant Vacancy Announcement
Secretariat of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
Deadline for Application: 20 April 2023 (at midnight, Abu Dhabi Local Time)
Title: IRENA Consultant – IRENA Innovation Week 2023
Total Fees: USD 36,540.00
Contract Type: Individual Contractor /Consultant
Duration of Contract: Seven months (with possible extension)
Location: Bonn, Germany (within reasonable commuting distance)
Expected Date for Entry on Duty: As soon as possible
The IRENA Innovation Week series has become a landmark biennial event to discuss the latest innovations that will lead to a global energy transition. The first two editions of this event held in 2016 and 2018 focused on the energy supply side, exploring zero-carbon power systems based on integrating high-shares of renewables.
The third and most recent edition of the Innovation Week held virtually in 2020 focused on the energy demand side by providing important new insights into challenges, opportunities, and emerging solutions for end-use energy sector decarbonisation, informed by IRENA’s recent Reaching Zero with Renewables report.
The fourth edition of Innovation Week is scheduled to take place during 25-28 September 2023. The theme for this year’s event is “Renewable solutions to decarbonise end-use sectors”. The discussions that are envisaged as part of this Innovation Week include but are not limited to:
- The role of policy to catalyse end-use sector decarbonization.
- Power Systems of the future – implications for electrification of end-use sectors
- The role and potential of Hydrogen and the derivatives
- Transport: Solutions to decarbonise the shipping and aviation sector, and road transport
- Buildings: Solutions for smart electrification of heating and cooling in the residential sector
- Industry Solutions: Decarbonization of Iron, Steel. Chemical and Petrochemical sectors.
In addition to these focused thematic discussions, Innovation week will also include various side events and bilateral meetings.
Under the overall guidance of the Head – ofInnovation and End-Use Sectors and in close coordination with the Analyst – Renewable Energy Innovation for Developing Countries, the IRENA consultant supports the organization of Innovation Week 2023 through the following tasks:
- Preparation and planning for IW2023, including:
- Support with the organization of the event, sending out invitations, following up on requests, email responses, prepare templates for sessions briefs.
- Support with communicating with speakers, panelists, and participants to provide guidance on session details and logistical requirements in preparation for and during the workshop.
- Support the internal coordination between all teams organizing different sessions.
- Support the coordination with the communication and logistics teams for all details pertinent to the event.
- Support the project lead and the communication officer with the creation of the web page of the event, app (if the case) and other digital tools.
- Track the registration process.
- Support during the event:
- Registering and welcoming participants
- Provide Troubleshooting support as required.
- Taking notes for different sessions
- After the event:
- Support collecting notes and gathering the outcomes of the event.
- Other duties related to the workshop planning and follow-up may also be assigned at the discretion of the line manager.
Timeline and deliverables for IRENA Consultant role
The work will commence on 01 May 2023 and until 31 October 2023. This is a full-time contract.
IRENA office, Bonn, Germany, within reasonable commuting distance.
Attendance in the IITC office will be guided by the prevailing COVID-19 attendance measures for staff.
Payment schedule for IRENA Consultant role
A daily fee of USD 240 will be paid for every day worked for a total contractual fee of USD 36,540.
The invoiced consultant contract will be paid monthly following receipt of a monthly attendance sheet that is to be completed, signed, dated and submitted to IRENA at the end of each active month to allow for the processing of the monthly payment.
IRENA undertakes no liability for taxes, duty, or other contributions payable by the IRENA consultant on payments made under this contract. No statement of earnings will be issued by IRENA to the consultant.
The payment can be revoked if the deliverables do not satisfy the criteria outlined in this ToR
- All background material and data used for the outputs will have to be submitted to IRENA together with the final deliverables.
- Copyrights for output material will reside with IRENA.
- The IRENA consultant will be required to discuss the progress of all work by telephone, online, in person (as required), and/or email with the project team at the IRENA Innovation and Technology Centre (IITC), Bonn/Germany.
- To be available during IITC working hours from 9 am to 5 pm, with a one-hour break for lunch.
The IRENA consultant must meet the following requirements:
- Possesses a minimum of 3 to 4 years of progressively responsible experience in the organization of workshops and conferences.
- Knowledge of trends in the energy space (especially end-use sectors) is desirable.
- Must be well organized, service-oriented, able to manage stress and able to work well in a team, and flexible.
- Demonstrates proficiency in MS Office, in particular, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as experience with Internet use and e-mail application; experience with SharePoint is highly desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. German is an asset but not mandatory.
- Job Identification CT0113
- Posting Date 06/04/2023, 14:48
- Apply Before 20/04/2023, 21:55
- Locations Bonn
To receive more Opportunities
Join our Whatsapp group
Join our Telegram group.