About the Traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Ethiopia 2023
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Ethiopia?
A traineeship of 4 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Ethiopia, starting in October 2023.
The selected candidate will support the work of the section on press, public diplomacy and organization of events as well as assist on political, economic and human rights issues.
- Assist with research of political nature
- Political analysis of the national and regional situation; contribution to reports, briefings
- Draft texts, such as social media posts, press releases, memos
- Gather and monitor daily news and events; support preparation of daily press reviews
- Public diplomacy, including information, communication and use of social media, organization of and participation in internal and external events (meetings, seminars, conferences)
- Contribute to administrative tasks as required, e.g., translations, letters, filing emerging tasks in his/her fields of responsibility.
- We look for:
- Qualifications or special requirements:
- Taking into account the local health and security conditions, applicants currently residing in Ethiopia will only be considered.
- Young graduate, with bachelor degree or equivalent diploma in: International relations, European Affairs, Political science, Journalism, Law
- Interest in and preferably prior knowledge of EU institutional framework and policies
- Interest in and preferably prior knowledge of Ethiopian political developments
- Self-motivation and ability to work autonomously
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues in a responsible manner
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- How to apply?
- Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-ETHIOPIA-HR@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Name/PPI
The deadline for submitting applications is 11/09/2023.
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidates are not able to present the required documents, their application will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must hold a relevant entrance visa and / or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.
To receive more Opportunities
Join our Whatsapp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: