WFP Consultant Roster for potential roles related to: Business Development (829689)
Job Title: Consultant Roster for potential roles related to: Business Development
Type of Contract: Consultant Roster (Junior and Senior Profiles)
Division: Private Partnerships and Fundraising Division
Duty Station (City, Country): Multiple (HQ, RB, Global Offices, Country Offices)
Duration: To be confirmed (subject to operational requirements)
Deadline for Applications: 9th December 2023 23:59 CET
This vacancy announcement is for a “call for interest” for consultants with expertise in different areas of Business Development.
THE ROSTER WILL HAVE A VALIDITY OF TWO YEARS.
During this period, shortlisted candidates may receive one (or multiple) requests for an interview as a Consultant.
To get to a world with Zero Hunger faster, WFP is investing in and growing private sector fundraising and partnerships to reach more people. The Private Partnerships and Fundraising Division (PPF) is responsible for engaging the private sector (corporations, individuals, foundations) through high-impact partnerships in support of WFP’s strategic priorities and host Government food security plans, and through individual giving to build and retain financial support from the general public worldwide.
PPF strives to mobilize funding, technical assistance, innovative solutions, public private partnerships, visibility and awareness to help WFP fulfil its mission and operations. PPF also provides guidance to WFP Regional Bureaux (RB), Global Offices, (GOs) Country Offices (COs) and HQ Functional Units on partnership development, best practices, compliance and rules and regulations for engaging with the private sector.
Joining PPF is an exciting opportunity for experienced professionals to co-develop and implement our new private partnerships and fundraising strategy.
Purpose of the Consultant Roster Potential Assignment/s
We are seeking highly motivated and results-driven business development consultants to join our team to secure new private sector partnerships and support the execution of the Global Business Development strategy. The successful candidates of the Consultant Roster will work closely with our global team to identify and pursue business growth opportunities that align with our strategic goals. The ideal candidates will have a proven track record of supporting fundraising strategies, contributing to donor growth, pro-actively identifying target prospects for WFP, building a prospect pipeline and developing successful approaches to secure new multi-year, multi-million dollar corporate partners.
Responsibilities for the consultancy profiles (CST I and CST II) include but are not limited to:
Market research, analysis and identifying opportunities.
- Conduct market research and analyze industry trends to identify and prospect high value (financial) and high impact (technical) fundraising partnerships with the corporate sector. Selectively identify, research and screen target prospects – develop and implement sector strategies to engage private sector prospects.
- Maintain prospecting pipelines, use CRM tools (Salesforce) and ensure all processes are followed in partnership development such as due diligence, contracting, reporting, etc.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify and support the development of value propositions and compelling sales materials which unlock high value financial / technical contributions and new models of public/private partnerships.
- Identify external awareness events to drive business development/fundraising opportunities: support global events (such as conferences, forums, panels and roundtables) and position WFP as a ‘go to’ organization for partnership.
- Keep supervisors abreast of key private sector trends and NGO partnerships related to WFP’s work.
Cultivating and securing partnerships.
- Engage cold and warm prospects during times of emergency and help build WFP’s brand as the partner of choice for emergency giving.
- Develop and customize ‘pitch’ materials for successful approaches as well as materials to support senior-level meetings with prospects and potential partners.
- Make cold approaches to new prospects and utilize senior relationships and networks.
- Handle complex sales processes, work closely with the legal department, lead negotiations, secure contracts and agree on partner expectations.
- Assist the team on global events (such as World Economic Forum, COP, and other conferences, panels and roundtables) and prepare strategic briefs for senior leadership meetings.
- Ensure smooth partnership transition of secured relationships from new business to partnership management team.
Expected deliverables at the end of the contract include but are not limited to:
- Completion of landscape mapping, creation of priority sectors and prospects per market, with complimentary business development roadmap / strategies that maximize opportunities in relevant markets.
- Enhancing “emergency ready” standing with existing contacts during emergency appeals.
- Creation of compelling materials and drafts of value propositions to build partnerships that add value to WFP and support the exploration of new models of engaging with the private sector.
- Securing of new multi-year partnerships, successful end-to-end business development prospecting and implementation.
- Successful contribution to PPF’s engagement in global events.
- Accurate and updated reports, clear KPIs and delivery of set targets.
Consultant Roster Requirements
- Advanced University degree in Business Administration, Marketing Communications, Management, International Development, or other relevant field – or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings.
For CST I
- A minimum four (4) years of progressively responsible experience working in partnership development, project management, marketing and communications, sales or account management roles. Experience working for international organizations a plus.
- Track record of securing significant new partnerships or renewing complex partnership and securing growth.
- Experience managing teams.
For CST II
- A minimum of six (6) years’ demonstrated experience in a partnership development, business development, marketing or business-to-business sales roles, including experience of creating $1m+large-scale fundraising partnerships.
- Experience of prospecting new high value fundraising partners in an international organisation with a development/humanitarian mission, ideally with UN experience is desirable. Experience prospecting new clients for a private sector company and/or agency preferred.
- Extensive sales and marketing experience – experienced in research, planning, preparing and landing pitches and negotiating with potential partners/clients – proven track record of successful negotiations with global enterprises.
- Demonstrated track record of securing 6 and 7 figure and multi-year partnerships from prospect identification and research to agreement in the non-profit or business sectors.
- Experience of building a new pipeline with a positive attitude towards engaging new audiences. Network of corporate contacts in key markets which will be used to support establishment of prospecting pipeline, would be an asset.
- Previous experience of building new propositions or ‘products’ for the private sector that reflect current trends and interests.
- Essential computer skills in Microsoft Office applications: proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel and CRM software.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising industry trends and practices.
- Work experience within the United Nations system or a similar international organization a significant advantage.
- People-oriented. Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to think creatively and to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment and international organization.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive and sound working environment.
- Highly adaptable to change and comfortable dealing with ambiguity, stress and competing demands with grace and humor.
- Highly organized with exceptional planning skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within deadlines and deliver on commitments.
- Take initiative to solve problems and seek solutions.
- Knowledge of humanitarian/development sector a plus.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) would be a plus.
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: