Join AfriLabs as a Board Assistant 2023/2024. Apply Now!
Are you the one we are looking for? Just before you respond! Kindly have a quick read-through.
Who are we?
AfriLabs is a pan-African innovation-focused organization that works with over 400 innovation and technology hubs and other stakeholders to raise successful startups and entrepreneurs that are developing and deploying innovative solutions to African problems through the adoption of technologies.
Job Role & Person- Specification at AfriLabs as a Board Assistant
AfriLabs is seeking to recruit a Board Assistant to join the team and provide high-level administrative support to the Board Secretary while taking ownership of deliverables within the department and the organisation extensively.
To be successful in this role, you should have strong organisational skills, time management and report writing skills. The candidate should maintain confidentiality and be highly professional.
Responsibilities at AfriLabs as a Board Assistant :
- Schedule and coordinate board meetings, including setting meeting dates, securing venues, and arranging catering if necessary.
- Prepare and distribute meeting notices, agendas, and related materials to board members well in advance.
- Prepare minutes of all meetings.
- Follow up on key decisions made with various departments, groups or organisations.
Documentation and Record Keeping:
- Maintain and organise board-related documents, including minutes, resolutions, bylaws, and corporate records.
- Draft, review, and distribute meeting minutes and other official board documents.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the board and the organization’s executives and other staff members.
- Facilitate communication by conveying messages, requests, and decisions between the board and management.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion and ensure that it remains secure.
Research and Information Management:
- Conduct research on industry trends, regulatory changes, and best practices to provide relevant information to board members.
- Manage and organise digital and physical records to ensure easy access to historical documents.
Travel and Logistics:
- Make travel arrangements for board members attending meetings or conferences, including booking flights, accommodations, and transportation.
Board Governance Support:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of corporate governance policies and practices.
- Provide guidance to board members on governance requirements and responsibilities.
- Ensure that board activities comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including filing necessary documents with regulatory authorities.
- Oversee the budget for board-related expenses, such as meeting logistics and travel, and track expenditures.
- Organise special events and activities, such as board retreats or training sessions, as required.
Required Skills, Qualifications & Abilities at AfriLabs as a Board Assistant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, International Relations or any other related field.
- 2 years experience in Office Management, administrative or secretarial.
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably in a corporate or nonprofit environment.
- Project Management and Coordination is an added advantage.
- Experience in research and report writing.
- Proficiency in office software.
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Discretion and the ability to handle confidential information.
- Knowledge of corporate governance principles and legal compliance.
- Detail-oriented and capable of maintaining accurate records.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing schedules, demanding deadlines and priorities.
- Professionalism and the ability to represent the organization effectively.
- Excellent report and minute writing skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Google Suite Tools.
- A positive and proactive attitude towards work.
Employment Termsat AfriLabs as a Board Assistant: Full-time role
Working time/days: 9 AM- 5 PM; Monday to Friday
Working Style: Remote/Pan African
To Apply: Send CV and cover letter here
Application Deadline: November 24th 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Remote
Years of Experience: 0 – 2 Years
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: