Fully funded Heidelberg Laureate Forum for Computer Scientist and Mathematicians. Apply Now!
The 11th Heidelberg Laureate Forum will take place from September 22 to 27, 2024, bringing together some of the brightest minds in mathematics and computer science for an unrestrained, interdisciplinary exchange. During the weeklong conference, young researchers and other participants will have the opportunity to connect with scientific pioneers and draw from the rich body of experience brought by the attending laureates. While lectures and panel discussions form the foundation of the scientific program, interactive program elements such as Workshops and Master Classes provide a great variety of avenues for attendees to interact and share ideas. This compelling networking event combines scientific, social and outreach activities in a unique atmosphere, sustained by comprehensive exchange and scientific inspiration.
The application phase for young researchers for the 11th HLF 2024 runs from November 9, 2023, until February 9, 2024.
More information on the application process can be found in our FAQ for young researchers.
Applications for journalist travel grants are accepted from February 19 to April 28, 2024.
Lectures and panel discussions from past HLFs can be viewed on our YouTube channel. A day-by-day guide to past Forums can be found in our Vlog@HLF series, where you can hear from young researchers, laureates and other participants, as well as get a glimpse behind the scenes. Photos of past events can be found on Flickr. For fascinating articles about past HLFs, as well as on mathematics and computer science in general, check out our HLFF Blog.
Who can apply?
Students of mathematics and computer science (or closely related fields) at the following levels:
- Undergraduate/Pre-Master: If you are enrolled in your studies (i.e. Bachelor’s or Master’s) and do not yet hold a Master’s degree.
- Graduate PhD: If you are enrolled in a program and working towards a PhD.
- Postdoc: If you have earned a PhD within the past 5 years. It is not required for you to hold a classic postdoctoral position. For example, if you work in the private sector or as an Assistant Professor, you may also apply. (If you received your PhD more than 5 years ago, you unfortunately do not fulfill the requirements to apply)
Please note: If your academic status changes between the submission of your application and the date of the HLF, the status at the point of submission will be the status that is recognized.
A young researcher can participate in the Heidelberg Laureate Forum only once at each academic level
- Application phase for the 11th HLF 2024: November 9, 2023, until February 9, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. Berlin time (CET / UTC+1).
What do you need to apply?
- Motivational statement
- Letter of recommendation
- Awards or other scientific achievements (if any).
- Graduate PhDs and postdocs further require a short summary of their thesis topic, transcripts and publications (if any).
Please note: The official language of the Heidelberg Laureate Forum (HLF) is English. All documents must include copies of your diplomas in the original language as well as English translations of them.
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: