Greenpeace International is hiring for Technical Business Analyst position: APPLY NOW!
Apply for Technical Business Analyst position at Greenpeace International
The successful candidate may be based in a country where one of the independent National/Regional Greenpeace organisations (NRO’s) is located. See the locations here
Application Deadline: 26 October 2022
Greenpeace is a global campaigning network. It comprises 26 independent National/Regional Organisations and a coordinating organisation, Greenpeace International. Greenpeace uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
We offer competitive NGO level salary and benefits, the specifics of which depend on location where the successful candidates will be based. We aim to share this information with candidates before reaching the offer stage.
Greenpeace International (GPI) is looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join the team as we embark on exciting projects to improve accessibility and management of our data – enabling the Greenpeace network to win campaigns, faster, and supporting an effective, efficient global organisation where change agents’ power is amplified.
You will play a key role in this new initiative, helping with requirements gathering, system configuration, data migration and user acceptance tests, as well as acting as a liaison between different teams within the Greenpeace network and the data engineering team.
In this role you will:
- Assist with requirements gathering and definition for data integrations and products.
- Design improvements in data models of current integrations to add more value to data analysts.
- Support in coordination of data products rollout to new offices.
- Actively identify opportunities to satisfy the business needs of GPI and the National and Regional Organisations.
- Support operational readiness and deployment of the solution.
- Plan and coordinate integration and acceptance testing together with working group members.
- Assist with functional and user acceptance testing, test case creation, execution and reporting.
- Write end-user documentation about data products usage, implementation and support.
- Identify gaps in processes across partner teams.
- Contribute to the design of processes for effective cross-team data products delivery.
- Communicate effectively across different teams about needs, requirements and updates of data products.
- Coordinate and support facilitation of data engineering community calls to increase knowledge sharing and understanding of products.
- Contribute to the standardisation of data work across the Greenpeace network.
- Design and impart demo sessions and trainings of new products launched.
- Coach and mentor teams on data products technology.
For further details about the role, please see the full job description HERE.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in a technical business analyst role.
- Experience or study in the technology and data field, preferably data science, data analysis, data engineering or software development.
- Technical skills or knowledge in an area of data work, e.g., data analysis, integration, data product, reporting and SQL.
- Experience in analysing user requirements.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience designing and running training (in person or video conference), ideally cross-cultural.
- Experience of working in an internationally and culturally diverse environment and across time zones.
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written.
- Ideally, experience with dashboard and reporting tools, e.g., Tableau and Google Data Studio.
- Ideally, knowledge of relevant systems, e.g., Salesforce, HubSpot and Google Cloud.
- Support and alignment with Greenpeace goals and values.
What you can expect:
In this role you will contribute to the planning, design and implementation of global data pipelines and services. Your work will facilitate secure, scalable, self-service data science and insights work across Greenpeace International and empower data operators, departments, campaigners and leaders in every office and team around the world. This role will work closely with a team of Data Operations engineers and the Data Platform Product Manager as well as other digital teams around the globe.
You’ll be encouraged to develop both personally and professionally, taking advantage of the wide range of learning and development opportunities available to our staff. Staff can also access our wellness initiatives, such as yoga and meditation and also have the opportunity to join our global Equity, Diversity & Inclusion staff communities.
Please visit the careers site here, to learn more about working for Greenpeace.
To apply for this role, we require you to answer a selection of key criteria and upload your CV (in English) via our online application form.
Addressing the key criteria is an important part of your application. We will be looking for evidence that demonstrates your skills and experience in these areas. Use examples where possible, to draw attention to experience, knowledge, achievements and skills gained in past employment or voluntary/leisure activities, provided they are relevant to the post.
It’s advisable to prepare your responses to the key criteria before starting your online application, as you are unable to save and return to it at a later date.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that all applications have to be filled out via the website and can’t be submitted via this email.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and would like to invite you especially to apply!
CLOSING DATE: 26 October 2022 23:59 CET
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
To receive more opportunities:
Join our WhatsApp group and Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: