Deadline: Aug-Oct 2023 (annual)
Objective of DAAD Scholarships
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
The DAAD scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Who can apply for DAAD Scholarships?
Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience from the following countries: list of eligible countries
What can be funded?
Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the
- List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines 2023/24.
- List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines 2024/25.
Duration of the funding
12 to 42 months (dependent on study programme)
Value of the DAAD Scholarships
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 934 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
- EPOS Brochure 2023/2024 “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses – Educating Professionals for Sustainable Development”
- EPOS Brochure 2024/2025 “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses – Educating Professionals for Sustainable Development”
Basic-Requirements of the DAAD Scholarships
|Country of Origin:
To receive more Opportunities
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.