WFP Career Opportunities: Driver Trainer Roster (828836)
Do you want to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide? This is your opportunity!
World Food Programme (WFP) seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share its humanitarian principles. Selection is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
ABOUT WFP CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
JOB TITLE: Driver Trainer
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Consultant (When Actually Employed, WAE)
UNIT/DIVISION: Management Services Division, Fleet Centre (MSDF)
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Home based/Remote (Travel to training locations from home)
DURATION: Up to 11 months
This vacancy announcement is not related to a current open position. It will provide MSDF with a roster of qualified candidates who wish to express their interest in future opportunities as a Driver Trainer. All applications received will be reviewed and will be subject to a selection process to assess the relevant experience and qualifications of the candidates. Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted later to confirm their interest and availability.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE DRIVER TRAINER ROLE:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities in over 80 countries to improve nutrition and build resilience. To support this mission, WFP Fleet Centre in Dubai is mandated to centrally manage WFP’s light and armoured vehicle fleet leasing, fleet management and systems support, insurance cover, vehicle disposal, and advanced driver training and fleet management related training services, to enable effective, safe, and efficient fleets in all WFP offices globally. Fleet Centre is also increasingly collaborating with other UN agencies in the provision of leasing services and related fleet management and training services.
The WFP Fleet Centre (MSDF) Driver Trainers are recruited on When Actually Employed (WAE) consultancy contracts, with travel required to Country Offices to deliver training on an as-required basis, requiring a flexible and adaptable colleague. As Fleet Centre ambassadors in the field, the Driver Trainers contribute towards effective, safe, and efficient fleets, promoting best practices in all aspects related to training and driver development.
WFP Driver Trainers are expected to always maintain the highest professional standards, working to continually improve fleet-related safety throughout WFP’s global operations. All trainers undergo an induction programme at the Fleet Centre. The Driver Trainer reports to the WFP Fleet Centre Head of Technical Operations or delegate.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
Depending on the specific TORs for the mission, the consultant will be expected to
- Deliver Fleet Centre’s (classroom, online and vehicle-based) driver training syllabi in global locations to help ensure the safe and secure operation of light and/or armoured vehicles in humanitarian emergency response environments.
- Assess driver trainee learning and skills, providing recommendations and reports on the same.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of training and assessment materials as directed by the Training Manager.
- Other related duties may be required.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
Each contract will include TORs and specific deliverables, as well as the number of days dedicated to the mission.
Consultant level 1:
- Delivery of highest quality, customer-focused learning
- Completion of required post-training documentation and reports (including driver assessments and recommendation reports)
- Contributes recommendations for improvements
Consultant level 2:
- Proven ability to act as Lead Trainer (when in teams of more than 1 trainer)
- Responsible for ensuring effective organization with relevant stakeholders
- Oversees the delivery of the highest quality, customer-focused learning
- Oversees the submission of required post-training documentation and reports (including driver assessments and recommendation reports)
- Proactively engages with management on wider training improvements
DRIVER TRAINER STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Relevant experience includes direct training delivery experience (vehicle and classroom-based training) through instruction and/coaching in contexts like WFP operations.
• Experience in the tactical use of armoured vehicles (AV). (Applicable for AV related training roles only).
• Experience in 4X4 off-road training (e.g., route planning, recovery, vehicle preparation) is desirable.
• Technical/mechanical knowledge of vehicles, including driver aids (desirable).
Consultant Level 1: Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience.
Consultant Level 2: Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
Academic Qualifications / Licenses:
• Higher education.
• Internationally recognized driver training qualification (desirable).
• Recognized coaching and mentoring, or adult learning vocational qualification (desirable).
• Valid driving licence specific to the vehicles subject to training. For AVs, EU Class C or equivalent.
Interpersonal Skills & Other Requirements:
• Good communication skills with the ability to engage respectfully with culturally diverse colleagues at all levels of hierarchy
• Displays maturity and ability to remain polite and professional, whilst maintaining a high level of customer service
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines in fragile and potentially hostile environments
• An effective and collaborative team member
• Demonstrates professional pride and integrity, with an excellent attitude to work
• Self–motivated, extremely reliable; proven ability to make sound judgment calls
• Proven ability to champion and promote best practice processes and procedures
• Excellent health
• Flexible on availability to suit the needs of complex WFP/UN operations; the flexibility to travel on short notice
• Fluency (level C) in the English language – written, spoken, and oral comprehension.
• Fluency in a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
WHY WORK WITH WFP?
This is an opportunity for exciting and challenging assignments throughout WFP’s global operations, delivery of mandatory training of the highest relevance to safety, security, and duty of care.
▶️ Meaningful and impactful careers: making a difference in the lives of the people WFP serves
▶️Continuous learning and training: providing opportunities for numerous learning tools to continually enhance our colleagues’ skillsets
▶️ Multicultural and stimulating work environment: gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger
Join us to make a difference, watch this video to learn more about WFP!
DEADLINE FOR DRIVER TRAINER ROSTER APPLICATIONS
11 October 2023.
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: