Security Supervisor (ECOSOCC)
Date: Nov 23, 2023
Purpose of Security Supervisor Job
The Security Supervisor will coordinate and supervise security activities at the ECOSOCC premises in compliance with security and safety procedures of the African Union in order to ensure protection of people and properties within the Secretariat premises..
Security Supervisor Main Functions
The Security Supervisor shall:
• Provide security update, which includes situational analysis, actions taken and actions recommended, to the Management Team on a regular basis
• Assess application of security policies and level of vulnerability of facilities; recommend changes to enhance security
• Liaise with local Diplomatic Police
• Supervise local guard and security resources
• Assists in establishing policies and procedures for reviewing crisis situations and preparing contingency plans for emergencies
Security Supervisor Specific Responsibilities
• Contribute to monitoring the security situation across the county; and report on any emerging security threats to ECOSOCC personnel, operations, premises and assets.
• Investigates and prepares reports on minor cases of theft, illegal entry, assault, or other incidents when the extent of the infraction is readily determinable.
• Conducts routine security surveys of office and residential areas and premises.
• Supervises the work of security teams and ensure the ECOSOCC premises are free from all kinds of dangers and potential hazards
• Ensure access control procedures are implemented in line with AU security and safety policy and SOPs
• Conduct daily walkthrough inspection of access control operations and submit inspection report to the line manager.
• Develops and implements preventive measures against accidents, thefts and other risks;
• Regularly briefs the shift leaders and security Guards deployed at all security posts in their shift takeover to update them on security developments and shares information about any security concerns;
• Documents all the daily occurrences within the Security Office;
• Ensures all the security Guards are deployed at security posts have reported to work and are assigned duties.
• Assist in compilation of a comprehensive security reports for management;
• Ensure effective deployment of the host police unit assigned at the ECOSOCC and coordination with the security teams and shares information with team leaders;
• Ensure that building safety plan is maintained and regular building evacuation exercises conducted;
• Prepares a daily security activity report and reports to his immediate supervisor;
• Respond and coordinate security related incidents involving the AU staff and eligible dependents; and
• Any other security and safety related duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.
Security Supervisor Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Advanced Diploma in Security or related field, with three (3) years of relevant work experience, progressively responsible security experience (e.g. Military, Police or Governmental or Private Security Service); OR a University Degree in Security or related fields with two (2) years of relevant work experience, progressively responsible security experience (e.g. Military, Police or Governmental or Private Security Service);
• Any police or military certification/training will be an added advantage.
• Experience on command/managerial position in a police or military organization would be an asset (Senior NCO, Lieutenant or above).
Security Supervisor Required Skills
• Ability and readiness to respond on call on a 24/7 basis;
• Organizational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner
• Ability to co-ordinate, plan and execute actions in response to security problems.
• Ability to supervise subordinates, provide direction, advice and assistance when required,
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationship.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Excellent capacity to use office computer applications. Knowledge of the SAP system is highly preferred.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the security area.
• Fully proficient in MS Word and working knowledge of MS Power point.
• Experience on map reading, HF and VHF/UHF radio.
• Proficiency in at least two of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish), with higher preference to English, French and Arabic. Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
..Risk Awareness and Compliance
..Teamwork and Collaboration
..Accountability awareness and Compliance
Job Knowledge and information sharing…
..Continuous Improvement Awareness
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The Security Supervisor appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 15,758.00 (GSA5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (44% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications for Security Supervisor must be submitted no later than November 23, 2023 11h59 p.m. EAT.
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: