Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (STATAFRIC)
Date: Nov 23, 2023
Purpose of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job
Reporting to the Executive Director of STATAFRIC, the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (M&E) Officer is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the statistical projects of World Bank during the projects lifetime in order to improve execution performance, detect problems in time and take the necessary corrective measures.
The 3 major projects funded by the World Bank are;
• Harmonizing and Improving Statistics in West Africa Project (HISWA)
• Eastern Africa Regional Statistics Program-for-Results (EARSPforR)
• Harmonizing and Improving Statistics in West and Central Africa (HISWACA)
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Main Functions
• Strengthen STATAFRIC capacity as Project Implementing Unit,
• Improve governance environment for project implementation by STATAFRIC.
• Plan, Monitor and Evaluate the implementation of all World Bank projects components using a results-based logical framework matrix in which for each component, goods and services and their related activities are declined with their performance indicators including baseline and target, source of verification, assumptions and risks, and mitigation measures.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Specific Responsibilities
• Develops/updates detailed Monitoring and Evaluation Framework in terms of logical framework of the Projects;
• Supports STATAFRIC for the preparation and organization of supervision and evaluation missions at all levels of projects implementation (continental, RECs’ and Member states’);
• Participates and prepare the supervision and evaluation missions reports;
• Contributes to the mid-term review and the final evaluation report of the projects;
• Supports STATAFRIC to oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual execution reports by the projects implementing units which will be submitted to STATAFRIC;
• Prepare consolidated quarterly and annual reports of the projects.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• A Master’s Degree in Project Management, Statistics, Demography or related fields, and at least three (03) years of excellent professional experience in Project Management and/or Monitoring and Evaluation at national, continental or international level.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Statistics, Demography or related fields, and at least five (05) years of excellent professional experience in Project Management and/or Monitoring and Evaluation at national, continental.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Required Skills
• Knowledge of statistics methodologies and concepts
• A clear understanding of statistical terms and concepts
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and statistical tools
• Management experience and excellent interpersonal skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability both orally and in writing
• Excellent report writing and presentation
• Sound planning and organizational skills
• Ability to negotiate diplomatically
• Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
• Conscientious in observing deadlines and achieving results
• Familiarity with international and regional definition, methodologies and standards in the relevant area
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages, fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Leadership Competencies
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Core Competencies
Drives Accountability Culture
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Functional Competencies
Drive for Results
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The Appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of one (1) year, of which the first three (3) months will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract may be renewed for a similar period subject to funding availability, satisfactory performance and agreed deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese, and Spanish) is mandatory and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 80,975.58 (P2 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 66,045.08 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Applications must be submitted no later than November 24, 2023 11h59 p.m. EAT.
-Only candidates who meet all job requirements and are selected for interviews will be contacted.
-Consideration will be given only to those candidates who have submitted a fully completed online application with a curriculum vitae (CV), an African passport, and the required academic qualifications, such as Diplomas, Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees and any relevant certificate in line with the area of expertise.
-The African Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
-Candidates from less represented countries within the African Union are strongly encouraged to apply for positions that fit their profiles. These countries include Algeria, Angola, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Sahrawi D.R., Sao Tome and Principe., Seychelles, Somalia and Tunisia
Requisition ID: 2034
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: