Cross Culture Programme Fellowships 2024
About: Cross Culture Programme Fellowships 2024
Deadline: For 2024 please apply between 2 November – 18 December 2023 (23:59 UCT/GMT+1)
With the CCP Fellowships, the Cross Culture Programme (CCP) funds around 60 professionals and committed volunteers from over 40 countries each year. During two to three months of work-related stays in host organizations in Germany or CCP partner countries, participants deepen their expertise, establish new contacts and acquire intercultural skills. In turn, the host organizations benefit from the expertise, regional knowledge and networks of the CCP Fellows. Participants can also attend intercultural workshops, networking and professional events hosted by the CCP. After returning to their daily working lives, participants then bring the experience they have gained into their home organization.
In 2024, Cross Culture Programme Fellowships will be offered as on-site fellowships. Subject to funding by the German Federal Foreign Office and based on their personal situation and COVID-19 entry requirements, participants may decide to participate as well as digital fellow.
Countries currently participating in the programme are:
Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bhutan, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Georgia, Germany, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritania, Mexico, Mongolia, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Republic of Moldova, Russia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.
What are the prerequisites?
- The applicant must be at least 23 years old at the time of the application.
- At least two years of proven professional experience or volunteer work in a civil society organization in the country of origin.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- The applicant is in good health for a longer stay abroad.
- The applicants have a long-term social or community commitment.
- Main professional experience in the field of activity is available
- A collaboration with an organization in the target country is in progress or planned.
- The applicant possesses further language skills, particularly German.
Fellowships are principally awarded to people working in one of the following fields:
- Policy and society
- Media and culture
- Human rights and peace
- Sustainable development and climate justice
In 2024, the following key topics will also be focused on:
- Gender and diversity
- Circular economy
Exclusionary criteria for the application: students cannot participate in the programme.
What does the CCP Fellowships, funding Include?
Primarily, CCP Fellowships promote civil society actors, strengthening them in their work. This includes the following support and offers:
- Collaboration with a host organization from the CCP network
- Mentoring for the duration of the fellowship
- Online / on site professional training in the fellow’s field of work, taking their individual and professional aims into account
- Networking with other CCP Fellowship holders
- Inclusion in the CCP alumni network
- For fellowship holders focusing on one of the key topics of CCP: participation in a professional event
The ifa will cover the following costs for participants from abroad:
- A monthly stipend of 650 euros plus the coverage of costs for round-trip airfare, accommodation, monthly public transportation ticket within the fellow’s city of residence, health insurance, reimbursement of any visa fees incurred
The ifa will cover the following costs for CCP Fellowships participants from Germany:
- A monthly stipend of 1.200 euros, reimbursement of round-trip airfare, reimbursement of any visa fees incurred, health insurance
- CCP Application tips
How can I apply for the CCP Fellowship?
- Application in 3 steps:
- select the appropriate country call for applications on this application portal.
- complete the application form and upload your documents. Since the application system cannot cache any input, all documents should be ready for the upload at the start of the application.
- submit the completed application online via the application portal.
- Incomplete applications, applications sent by e-mail and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- The following application documents are required:
- Curriculum vitae in English with details about education/training, work experience, volunteering and other skills
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor in the applicant’s home organisation/workplace in the applicant’s country of origin, using this template
- Photo is optional
- Application period: Please apply until 18 December 2023 (23:59 UCT/GMT+1)
- What happens after applying?
- Applicants will receive an e-mail that acknowledges the receipt of the application.
- After the deadline has expired, shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview by the Selection Board.
- Selected applicants will be informed accordingly by e-mail, presumably in March/April 2024. The participation of the programme will than take place between May and November 2024.
- Applicants who have not been selected will also be informed by e-mail. Please note that ifa does not make known the reason(s) why an application is rejected.
- Documents to Download
- The necessary template for the application and further information can be downloaded here:
- Template for the Letter of Recommendation
click here for more information
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: