Inter American Bank Research Fellow Program USA. Apply Now!
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
Post of duty: Washington D.C
About the IDB Research Fellow Program position:
The Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE) at the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is seeking several Research Fellows (RF) to work at IDB Headquarters in Washington, D.C. OVE is an independent evaluation office that conducts project, program, and corporate evaluations of IDB’s and IDB Invest’s activities and reports directly to these institutions’ Boards.
The Research Fellow program offers selected candidates the opportunity to contribute to OVE’s work program, learn about evaluation, and gain work experience in a multilateral development finance institution for up to three years. The program is open to citizens from IDB member countries who are under 33 years of age as of January 1, 2024 (or 38 years of age for the diversity groups defined in the Bank’s Young Professionals Diversity Program) and have a graduate degree from a recognized university or accredited institution.
What you’ll do:
IDB Research Fellow Program fellows will work under the guidance of senior staff on evaluations of the IDB Group’s programs and activities. Work ranges from assembling, analyzing, and presenting core evaluative information to preparing specific analytical pieces and background papers as inputs to evaluations led by senior staff. The Office’s work plan includes country program, corporate, thematic, and project evaluations. Candidates should possess the flexibility to work on various topics according to the demands of the Office.
What you’ll need
- Education: Recently completed (within three years or less) a master’s degree or higher in Economics, Finance, Public Policy, Social Policy, or a related field.
- Experience: Applicants must be under 33 years of age by January 1, 2024. (Or 38 years of age for the diversity groups defined in the Bank’s Young Professionals Diversity Program) and possess a minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
- Languages: Proficiency in English. Knowledge of at least one more Bank language (Spanish, Portuguese, or French) would be a plus.
- Strong analytical skills (including proficiency in using qualitative and quantitative techniques and standard statistics/econometric software packages) are required.
- Excellent teamwork.
- The ability to work in a multicultural environment are also essential.
Requirements for IDB Research Fellow Program:
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration
- Type of contract: Consultant – Full time (CNS).
- Length of contract: 19 months, renewable up to an additional 17 months, depending on performance and business needs.
- Location: Washington, D.C.
What we offer
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation packages.
- Leaves and vacations: 2 days per month of contract + gender- neutral parental leave.
- Health Insurance: the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
- Savings plan: The IDB Group cares about your future, depending on the length of the contract, you will receive a monthly savings plan allowance.
- We offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family when it applies.
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules.
- Development support: We offer learning opportunities to boost your professional profile such as seminars, 1:1 professional counseling, and much more.
- Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for all employees.
- Other perks: Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, and others.
- A competitive compensation packages.
- A flexible way of working. You will be evaluated by deliverable.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at email@example.com to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
We work to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Through financial and technical support for countries working to reduce poverty and inequality, we help improve health and education and advance infrastructure. Our aim is to achieve development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way. With a history dating back to 1959, today we are the leading source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean. We provide loans, grants, and technical assistance; and we conduct extensive research. We maintain a strong commitment to achieving measurable results and the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and accountability.
- External Opening Date: Nov 3, 2023
- External Closing Date: Dec 6, 2023
- External Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- External Contact Name: HR Service Center
- Job Field: Technical Support
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: