Fully Funded to South Africa: Rethinking Transport Lab: Just mobility in urban and rural areas workshop 2024. Apply Now!
About Just mobility in urban and rural areas
26 February – 1 March 2024
Time: all-day (UTC+3)
Location: Cape Town, South Africa (tbc)
“Just mobility in urban and rural areas” is part of a series of Rethinking Transport Labs. The workshop, focusing on social inclusive mobility across the African continent, will take place in spring 2024. The Lab seeks to foster creativity, innovation, and collaboration among prominent stakeholders from African countries, including representatives from academia, civil society, non-governmental organizations, and think tanks, to jointly develop comprehensive visions to strengthen just mobility solutions. The highly interactive workshop will bring together 30 participants from across the continent!
Are you passionate about sustainable and equitable transport solutions for both urban and rural environments? Are you eager to collaborate with like-minded individuals, experts, and organizations to explore innovative approaches for a just and equitable transition in the transport sector in Africa?
Following the overwhelming response to the call for applications for the first Lab on e-mobility, we are delighted to invite you to apply for the second Rethinking Transport Lab on “Just Mobility for Urban and Rural Areas”!
- Identify opportunities and challenges for equitable transport solutions in both urban and rural environments in Africa.
- Develop innovative and inclusive strategies to advance just mobility, ensuring access, affordability, and sustainability for all communities.
- Identify practical and actionable solutions that can be applied in urban and rural areas to enhance mobility while promoting social equity.
- Facilitate knowledge exchange and collaboration among stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of a strong and self-sustaining think tank for sustainable mobility in Africa.
Please register your interest for participation, including a short statement of motivation through our online portal by 19 November 2023 at 11:59 pm UTC. The Lab will provide space for 30 young professionals. Based on the participant criteria, eligible candidates will be contacted in a second step, 1 week after the registration deadline with guidance on the further application process. Find more details in the call for participants!
Who can participate?
We encourage applications from African young professionals who share a deep enthusiasm for sustainable mobility and meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Citizenship & residence in a country on the African continent.
- Education: university degree in transportation, urban & rural planning, civil & rural engineering, gender and development studies, environmental science, geography, political/social sciences or similar.
- Experience: 2 to 5 years of experience in areas such as transport planning, urban and rural management, gender equality, diversity and inclusion, policy development, social works or similar.
- Language: ability to understand and communicate in English.
- Motivation & collaborative spirit: strong commitment to sustainable transport and reducing carbon emissions, innovative thinking & ability to collaborate effectively in a diverse and multidisciplinary
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: