United Nations Immersion Programme
Applications are open for the UN Immersion Programme, a 5-day field visit to Geneva organized by the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), taking place in February, May, July, and August 2024.
UN IMMERSION PROGRAMME
During the upcoming year, UNITAR is delighted to deliver more 5-day field visits to Geneva. We will offer participants the chance to fully immerse themselves into the host city of the main UN offices and thereby gain first-hand experience of the United Nations.
UNITAR will host most of the activities in the headquarters of the UN at Geneva, the historic Palais des Nations. They will consist of a nuanced balance between the following elements:
- Expert lectures
- Training workshops
- Multilateral conferences
- Private guided tours
- Career development sessions
The purpose is to equip participants with knowledge and skills in diplomacy, empowering them to work more effectively and efficiently in any international environment. It further aspires to offer access to the UN’s institutions and staff to build up networks and gain insights into future career steps.
The UN Immersion Programme to Geneva serves to provide an overview of the United Nations. It will help participants build solid ground knowledge of themes and topics in international affairs, deliver training in core diplomatic skills and offer activities with the following Geneva-based agencies:
- United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (UNHCHR)
- World Trade Organisation (WTO)
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- World Meteorological Organisation (WMO)
Participants also have the chance to opt for a UN Immersion Programme premium package. This includes the 4-weeks UN Young Leaders Online Training Programme as preparatory e-Learning course. It is implemented on the UNITAR online platformin the four weeks prior to the field visit and thereby sets the stage for their time at the UN.
It comprises 4 different modules, which can be studied in a self-paced manner and require 6-8 hours of studying per week. It includes 5 hours of live components per week with UN experts, weekly reading material, multimedia files as well as moderated discussion boards:
- Module 1: The United Nations
- Module 2: Conference Diplomacy
- Module 3: Sustainable Development Goals
- Module 4: Cross-cultural Communication
For premium package participants, the accommodation in Geneva during the field visit is included in the fee. UNITAR will provide 6 nights in a reputable hotel in close proximity to the United Nations institutions (check-in: Sunday before, check-out: Saturday after).
The UN Immersion Programme is open to everyone with a deep interest in the United Nations. Participants can come from the public or private sector, NGOs, think tanks and academia. University students and participants from an entirely different background are equally welcome to apply.
In order to ensure the highest quality standards, a maximum of 30 participants per field visit and 50 participants per online training programme will be allowed. Slots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. At the end of the programmes, participants will receive a UNITAR certificate of completion.
UN Immersion Programme Registration
In order to register, kindly click on the following links and follow the below steps:
- On the event page, click on “registration”. The programme will the be added to your shopping cart.
- Click on the “check out” button
- Create your own profile on the UNITAR event page and fill out the required sections
- Review the correctness of all information and choose payment method: (i) credit card or (ii) bank transfer
- If you choose credit card, your payment is definite and is completed immediately on the spot
- If you choose to pay by bank transfer, your payment is not definite yet and could be delayed to a later point in time
- In either of both choices, click on complete payment. UNITAR will follow up with you via email thereafter
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: