Citrus Academy Bursary Fund Program (Fully-funded) for South Africa, Swaziland and Zimbabwe Citizens
APPLY FOR CITRUS ACADEMY BURSARY FUND PROGRAM (FULLY FUNDED) FOR SOUTH AFRICA, SWAZILAND AND ZIMBABWE CITIZENS
South Africa, Swaziland or Zimbawe citizens
Application Deadline: 15 September 2022
The Citrus Academy is a non-profit company established in 2005 by the Citrus Growers’ Association of Southern Africa to enable human resource development in the Southern African citrus industry. Tasked with addressing specific challenges faced by the industry—low production skills levels, employment equity, scarce and critical skills, black economic empowerment, and the quality of skills delivery—the Academy was registered as a separate company in March 2007. The Citrus Academy has Section 18(a) tax exemption and has 100% beneficiary recognition for the purposes of B-BBEE.
Citrus Academy Bursary Fund
One of the ways in which the Citrus Academy addresses the challenges faced by the Southern African citrus industry, is by creating and maintaining a steady flow of educated and qualified young people into the industry; young people who are excited about forging long and happy careers in the industry.
We provide funding to cover tuition, accommodation, meals, books and stationery, research costs (postgraduate students only), and other expenses related to a students’ studies.
Citrus Academy is not an academic institution. We offer bursary support to students studying towards
agricultural-related qualifications at tertiary institutions in South Africa.
Any person studying at a registered tertiary education institution in a field related to citrus production or research can apply for a tertiary education support bursary.
If you fulfill the below criteria you may apply for a Citrus Academy bursary:
- A citizen of South Africa, Swaziland or Zimbabwe
- Studying fulltime or part-time at a registered tertiary academic institution in South Africa
- Studying in a field related to citrus production or research
- Going into your second year of study, or above
- Interested in a career in the citrus industry
- Satisfied that you comply with the terms and conditions of the Bursary Fund agreement
How to apply:
Applications are open from 1 June – 15 September each year
- Applications for the following academic year are open from 1 June to 15 September every year.
- To apply to the Bursary Fund, an online application must be completed. Please note that we accept only online applications, and no faxed, emailed or snail-mailed applications will be considered.
- In addition to completing the application, you need to submit a copy of your ID document and your latest academic results.
- Be sure to follow all the instructions on the application form very carefully.
- After the closing date, applications are listed in a database, scored according to a weighted scoring system, and ranked.
- Postgraduate applications are sent to leading citrus researchers and academics in different fields who score applications in terms of importance and priority. Please note that it is essential for postgraduate applicants to provide sufficient detail of their research project and supervisor in order to facilitate this process.
- Once all scoring has been completed, the top applicants are shortlisted together with current Bursary Fund beneficiaries who wish to continue their studies.
- The amounts applied for may be adjusted in order to ensure equitable funding and to manage risk.
- The shortlist is then submitted for approval and funding is secured.
- Every effort is made to inform students before the middle of December about the success of their applications. At the very latest students will be informed by the middle of January.
Successful candidates are required to sign a Bursary Agreement which obligates them to adhere to strict academic standards and to commit to the Citrus Academy Code of Conduct.
Every Bursary Fund student also has to work time back in the citrus industry on completion of his / her studies, at least equal to the period of time that he / she received support from the Bursary Fund.
VISIT THE WEBSITE HERE AND APPLY
To receive more opportunities:
Join our WhatsApp group and Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: