Remote job opportunity: Associate Legal Counsel Organisation at Greenpeace International, Deadline is Today!
Apply for Remote job opportunity: Associate Legal Counsel Organisation at Greenpeace International
Application Deadline: 13 January 2023
Associate Legal Counsel Organisation
Permanent* / full time
*offered on a 12 month contract basis initially, with possibility of extension / move to permanent contract.
Greenpeace is a global campaigning network. It comprises 26 independent National/Regional Organisations and a coordinating organisation, Greenpeace International. Greenpeace uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
Greenpeace International (GPI) is looking for an Associate Legal Counsel Organisation to provide independent legal advice to GPI on organisational matters, both strategic and operational, with a focus on protecting organisational integrity.
Part of a team of Organisational lawyers, known as our Armour team, you will support the provision of independent legal advice and support to GPI and its departments on all organisational matters, including contracting, corporate governance and data privacy. You will work to protect GPI’s integrity, organisation, people, assets and ability to do things differently. You will be furthering GPI’s objectives and supporting the development and implementation of Global Legal Strategy, in cooperation with the General Counsel. The role also involves providing high level strategic legal advice to the independent National/Regional Organisations (NROs).
As an Associate Legal Counsel you will:
- Provide independent strategic and operational legal advice and legal support within the organisation on governance, corporate structure, registration and other organisational matters.
- Contribute to compliance of the organisation with applicable national and international law, as well as other guidelines and best practices, regulations and international trends.
- Support the provision of legal advice to all GPI functions, units and departments on the following legal issues: Contracts, Policies, Employment law and HR issues
- Represent the legal unit in various cross-departmental discussions and committees.
- Support (Senior) Legal Counsel Organisation with selection and instruction of external expert counsel.
- Provide high level strategic advice and support on governance, registration and compliance issues to the NROs, in close collaboration with the International Development Department.
- Support the provision of high level strategic advice and support on governance, registration and compliance issues to the NROs as appropriate
- Be prepared to participate in the GPI Critical Incident Management Team and any other crisis management situations with potential legal implications.
- Support the risk management and mitigation resilience across the Greenpeace network.
- Contribute to training on relevant legal issues in order to guide and spread knowledge on the use of legal standards and best practices in context of Greenpeace values worldwide.
- Contribute to the development and management of legal information systems, legal intranet website and library.
- Promote awareness of the Global Legal Strategy, with a focus on the Armour (protection of organisational integrity) angle of the strategy across GPI and the Greenpeace network.
- Contribute to the management of Greenpeace’s trademark protection and other intellectual properties.
- Support the provision of strategic and operational legal advice on the bilateral relationships between GPI and each of the NROs.
For further details about the Associate Legal Counsel Organisation role, please see the full job description HERE
Greenpeace is looking for:
- University degree, LL.B. or LL.M., in Dutch law, with at least three years’ proven experience in law practice.
- Demonstrable understanding of Dutch employment, contract, corporate and commercial law.
- Experience in and affinity with intellectual property law is desired.
- Good understanding of corporate administration and good governance.
- Experience with capacity-building, training and knowledge transfer.
- Excellent organisational skills: ability to develop, implement and manage projects;
- Exceptional influencing skills, with strong consultation, conflict resolution, communication and presentation skills, including the ability to explain legal issues to different audiences.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Dutch and English (additional languages ideal).
- Willingness to work on call, outside of normal business hours and to travel if necessary.
- Support and alignment with Greenpeace goals and values.
What you can expect:
The Legal Unit of Greenpeace International consists of around 12 lawyers with a drive for Greenpeace’ mission, located across the Greenpeace network. You will be part of the close-knit and hands-on team of two organisational lawyers based in Amsterdam. There is a lot of exciting work to be done and room for your proactive initiative to, together in our small team, deal with all legal organisational matters coming our way.
You’ll be encouraged to develop both personally and professionally, taking advantage of the wide range of learning and development opportunities available to our staff. Staff can also access our wellness initiatives, such as yoga and meditation and also have the opportunity to join our global Equity, Diversity & Inclusion staff communities.
Please visit the careers site here, to learn more about working for Greenpeace.
If you share our vision, please click ‘apply for this job’ below, to begin your application.
To apply for this role, we require you to answer a selection of key criteria and upload your CV (in English) via our online application form.
Addressing the key criteria is an important part of your application. We will be looking for evidence that demonstrates your skills and experience in these areas. Use examples where possible, to draw attention to experience, knowledge, achievements and skills gained in past employment or voluntary/leisure activities, provided they are relevant to the post.
It’s advisable to prepare your responses to the key criteria before starting your online application, as you are unable to save and return to it at a later date.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all applications have to be filled out via the website and can’t be submitted via this email.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and would like to invite you especially to apply!
CLOSING DATE: Friday 13th January, 2023 at 23:59 CET
VISIT THE PAGE HERE AND APPLY
To receive more opportunities:
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: