IRENA Consultant – Administrative Assistant (Office of Director)
Secretariat of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
IRENA Innovation and Technology Centre (IITC)
Deadline for Application: 3 April 2023 (at midnight, Abu Dhabi Local Time)
Title: Consultant – Administrative Assistant, Office of Director
Total Fees: USD 32,625.00
Contract Type: Individual Contractor /IRENA Consultant
Duration of Contract: Six months ((with possible extension)
Location: Bonn, Germany
Expected Date for Entry on Duty: As soon as possible
IRENA is an inter-governmental organization, mandated by Governments worldwide to promote the widespread and increased adoption and sustainable use of all forms or renewable energy. In order to do so, IRENA will facilitate access to all relevant renewable energy information. It facilitates and analyses the sharing of best practices and lessons learned regarding policy frameworks, capacity-building activities, available financial mechanisms and relevant technologies on renewable energy.
IRENA Innovation and Technology Centre (IITC) is responsible for the provision of the means for an accelerated renewable energy technology uptake, considering national conditions of resource endowment, social and economic frameworks. In accordance with the IRENA Statute, activities in this field include analysis of renewable energy technology policies; dissemination of information and increased awareness; technologies and equipment overview and assessment of success-failure factors; improved pertinent knowledge and technology transfer, and joint RD&D and provision of information about the development and deployment of national and international technical standards in relation to renewable energy.
The IRENA Innovation and Technology Centre (IITC), requires temporary support to assist in the overall management of the office the Director for a period of six months, with a possibility of extension, until the position of Administrative Assistant is duly filled.
Assignment of IRENA Consultant – Administrative Assistant
The IRENA consultant will work under the supervision of the Director of IITC. She/he will support the full range of activities relating to the following administrative functions:
- Manage and file the incoming and outgoing correspondence of the Division;
- Review drafts and proof-read correspondence;
- Assist with the preparation of briefing folders and notes;
- Support with scheduling, coordination and organization of meetings, speeches among other; including preparing agendas, providing supporting information as required;
- Support with travel arrangements;
- Maintain a log of invitations, meeting requests, speaking engagement for the Division;
- Take minutes of meetings as requested;
- Maintain a database of contacts;
- Coordinate extensively with IITC units and liaise frequently with staff both in Bonn and at Headquarters in Abu Dhabi;
- Liaise with conference and webinar organizers on content and preparations;
- Assist in the preparation of Council and Assembly documents, and other management documents;
- Perform other duties as required.
Timeline and deliverables
The consultant’s work will commence upon signature of the contract. She/he is expected to deliver on the tasks assigned to her in line with the activities listed above.
Requirements for IRENA Consultant – Administrative Assistant
The IRENA consultant must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education/courses in IT/administration would be an asset;
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible working experience in general management, public administration or related areas. Previous work experience in international institutions, the diplomatic service, or other governmental entities is an asset.
- Ability to work productively in teams with people from different academic, national and cultural backgrounds;
- Strong ability to monitor and follow-up on outstanding tasks;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. German would be an asset.
The Consultant will be based in the IRENA offices in Bonn.
The IRENA consultant will be locally contracted. No travel or DSA is applicable while at the duty station (Bonn). During officially authorized travel away from the duty station, DSA will be paid in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations.
The payment for this consultancy is USD 250 per day for each day worked.
The invoiced IRENA consultant contract will be paid monthly following receipt of a monthly attendance sheet that is to be completed, signed, dated and submitted to IRENA at the end of each active month to allow for the processing of the monthly payment. Which is subject to confirmation of the consultant’s actual attendance on those days.
IRENA undertakes no liability for taxes, duty or other contributions payable by the consultant on payments made under this contract. No statement of earnings will be issued by IRENA to the consultant.
To receive more Opportunities
Join our Whatsapp group
Join our Telegram group.