Application Deadline: 22 June 2023
Greenpeace Online Job Opportunity: IT Project Manager
Greenpeace is hiring for an Online Job Opportunity as an IT Project Manager! Checkout the Online Job Opportunity details below.
Greenpeace International is looking for an IT Project Manager to provide the direction, vision, understanding and motivation to deliver multiple IT-related projects successfully and sustainably across the organisation.
As an IT Project Manager within the Greenpeace International (GPI) Information Technology Unit, you will report to the Head of Projects and Applications. Your role will be to plan, implement and finalise projects across GPI and our National & Regional Organisations (NROs) within the defined scope, quality, time and budget. You will be expected to supervise all aspects of a project and to assume responsibility for the coordination and completion of several projects at the same time.
In this IT Project Manager role you will:
- Define, with the Project Owner, the goals, scope, results, constraints, acceptance criteria and project structure, and ensure collaborator understanding and all appropriate processes/reporting structures are in place.
- Ensure realistic resourcing, budget and time planning, and gain commitment from internal/external resources.
- Manage all stakeholder expectations, and define and delegate responsibilities to appropriate team members.
- Handle IT projects of various sizes to a successful completion in terms of agreed time, costs and quality.
- Minimise risk and exposure – identify, log, analyse and manage potential/actual issues and risks, take corrective action, and review how they might impact scope, schedule, quality and cost.
- Ensure that completed projects are delivered with comprehensive documentation and support.
- Contribute towards and work according to relevant GPI project methodologies, processes and standards, ensuring that all project team members understand and follow these.
- Play a part in the ongoing development and success of the IT Project Management Team.
For further information about the IT Project Manager role, please see the full job description /terms of reference by clicking HERE.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelors or masters level of thinking.
- Ability to demonstrate a substantial level of work experience in a similar or relevant role.
- A proven track record of managing and delivering successful projects, preferably in an international environment.
- Sufficient understanding of IT systems, software development and project management (Scrum, PMI, Prince2) to deliver projects of varying sizes.
- Previous experience of working in an international and culturally diverse environment.
- The flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances, focus on critical issues and make quick decisions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, and preferably one other language.
- Support for and belief in Greenpeace’s core aims and values.
What you can expect:
The team you’ll work in consists of 5 IT Project Managers. While all working on their own projects, they feel it’s important to be closely connected, personally as well as professionally, to support and learn from each other. The Global IT Project Management team is part of the Tech Department, which has increasing Digital Maturity across the Greenpeace network as a priority. You’ll be encouraged to develop both personally and professionally, taking advantage of the wide range of learning and development opportunities available to our staff. Staff can also join global communities on several social activities, well-being topics, and Equity, Diversity & Inclusion.
Please click HERE to visit the careers site, to learn more about working for Greenpeace.
Our goal is to ensure the ability of the earth to nurture life in all its diversity. That means we want to:
- protect biodiversity in all its forms
- prevent pollution and abuse of the earth’s ocean, land, air and fresh water
- end all nuclear threats
- promote peace, global disarmament and non-violence
If you share our vision, please click ‘apply for this job’ below, to begin your application.
To apply for this role, we require you to answer a selection of key criteria and upload your CV (in English) via our online application form.
Addressing the key criteria is an important part of your application. We will be looking for evidence that demonstrates your skills and experience in these areas. Use examples where possible, to draw attention to experience, knowledge, achievements and skills gained in past employment or voluntary/leisure activities, provided they are relevant to the post.
It’s advisable to prepare your responses to the key criteria before starting your online application, as you are unable to save and return to it at a later date.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that all applications have to be filled out via the website and can’t be submitted via this email.
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 22nd June 2023, 23:59 (CEST)
To receive more Opportunities
Join our Whatsapp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: