Echoing Green Fellowship Applications due by November 2, 2023
Echoing Green supports bold leaders from all over the world who see possibility in the face of the most existential challenges of our day. Together, we strive to build a world that has yet to exist: a future free from racism and its far-reaching consequences where all people can thrive.
The Echoing Green Fellowship is for people whose enterprises are at an early stage and who are experts on the challenge they’ve chosen to confront. We seek leaders who reflect the community they serve and bring deep knowledge of the issues into their work as they co-design solutions with and for their communities.
Watch the webinar below to learn more about strengthening your Echoing Green Fellowship application.
Watch the webinar
Echoing Green Fellowship Timeline
SUBMIT DURING OPEN APPLICATION PERIOD
Our application process is designed to be inclusive, constructive, and engaging; we offer resources to help you while you build your application.
Receive Insights as You Advance
Our team of expert reviewers closely reads and scores your application materials before you are notified about your candidacy status.
PARTICIPATE IN INTERVIEWS
If you’re chosen as a Finalist, you’ll interview with expert panelists and will be featured in our Talent Report.
CELEBRATE AND BEGIN YOUR FELLOW JOURNEY
If you’re selected for a Fellowship, your journey will kick off with onboarding and guidance from us every step of the way.
Everything you need to know about rules and tips for applying to the Echoing Green Fellowship.
- Will you be 18 years or older by the time you begin the Fellowship?
- Echoing Green Fellowship applicants must be 18 years or older by June 1, 2024.
- Are you able to communicate proficiently in English?
- To be eligible for the Fellowship and fully participate in programming and support offerings, you must be able to communicate in English proficiently. Support throughout the Echoing Green Fellowship is offered in English.
- Are you an original founder or a leading member of your proposed organization’s original founding team?
- We use the term “original founder” to describe people who launched or are launching an organization that is their original idea. You cannot have assumed a leadership position within the organization after its founding. To be eligible, you must be a leader with decision-making power within the organization and be either 1) a sole founder or 2) a leading founder on a team of people who created the organization.
- Are you the primary decision maker for your organization?
- To be eligible for an Echoing Green Fellowship, applicants must be the primary decision maker and have the ultimate authority over your organization’s growth and strategic vision.
- Will you be able to work full time on your proposed organization throughout the 18-month Fellowship?
- If selected for an Echoing Green Fellowship, you may hold other professional responsibilities, but you must work full time, defined here as 40 hours a week, on the work outlined in your Fellowship application, and it must remain as your main professional priority.
Writing Your Application
Give yourself plenty of time
Our application is open for two weeks but don’t wait until the last day to start an application. The best answers are well thought out, reflective, and concise. Build in time for several rounds of proofreading and review. Submitting your application before the due date gives you time to deal with any unforeseen technical issues. Your application must be received before 2:00 PM (14:00) ET on the date of the application deadline.
Show why you are addressing the challenge
Echoing Green wants to know what your organization does and how, but, most importantly, we want to understand what inspired you to address your issue and why you are the right person for the job. Your application should demonstrate your personal connection to the community you will serve and the issue you’ll address.
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: