Freelance Project Coordinator (20 or 40 h/w)
We Are Tomorrow Global Partnership and Youth and Environment Europe are looking for a Freelance Project Coordinator (20 or 40 h/w):
About WAT-GP and YEE
We Are Tomorrow Global Partnership (WAT-GP) is an international platform of youth climate organisations across the world that connects these organisations (hereafter: ‘partners’) to facilitate knowledge exchange, capacity building, advocacy opportunities and joint efforts at climate conferences on the international level.
Youth and Environment Europe (YEE) is a European platform of environmental youth organisations across the European continent that connects these organisations (hereafter: ‘members’) to raise awareness and build capacity amongst European youth on the environmental and climate crisis, enhance international cooperation amongst members and strengthen youth participation in environmental and climate decision-making processes.
WAT-GP and YEE have very similar organisational visions and objectives, albeit that the geographical scope is more complementary: most of WAT-GP’s partners are from Global South regions and all of YEE’s members are from the European continent. YEE and WAT-GP join forces in order to connect their European and non-European youth constituencies and build a bridge between these widely different regions on the topic of climate justice. This is with the aim to develop a shared understanding of the concept and its needs in the international youth advocacy space.
The Global Dialogues for Climate Justice Project
WAT-GP and YEE have joined forces to launch a first-of-its-kind youth advocacy exchange project: Global Dialogues for Climate Justice. In this 1-year project, running from January 2024 until December 2024, participants from both WAT-GP partners and YEE members, will develop their understanding of climate justice from various cultural contexts and climate realities, and organise youth climate dialogues in their respective countries to translate their national views into a national youth climate agenda. Participants from the involved countries visit each other’s work and dialogues through a physical exchange, and jointly prepare their advocacy efforts at UNFCCC COP29.
About the role
As freelance project coordinator you are responsible for the full planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of the Global Dialogues for Climate Justice project. Throughout the duration of the project, you are the first point of contact for the participating partner and member organisations of WAT-GP and YEE, as well as the participating individuals from these organisations.
You secure a truly effective and valuable learning journey for these young climate leaders, as well as a safe and well-facilitated environment for them to collaborate in. This role is truly for you if you enjoy organising a complex learning and exchange trajectory for young people across the world. You should be at ease working from a fully remote and online setting, as well as enabling this for others.
In summary, the freelance project coordinator main tasks include:
- Developing a detailed project planning;
- Onboarding participants from the various youth climate organisations involved;
- Organising online capacity building sessions on climate justice and youth climate advocacy, and an overall high-quality learning experience;
- Guiding participants in the organization of youth climate dialogues and development of national youth climate agendas;
- Coordinating participants’ attendance and contribution at UNFCCC COP29;
- Monitoring and reporting on the progress and results from the project to the WAT-GP and YEE team;
- Safeguarding a constructive, safe, energizing and inspiring environment for participants to learn and collaborate;
- Any other tasks that may be requested by WAT-GP and/or YEE within the context of the project.
Freelance project coordinator Key qualifications
- Strong experience with project and budget management in an international setting;
- Previous experience with working in remote and intercultural settings;
- Previous experience with working or volunteering in a youth organisation;
- Demonstrable affinity with the topic of climate justice and youth advocacy;
- Not older than 35 years by the end of January 2025;
- Available from January 8th, for 20 or 40 hours a week, at least for 80% of the time in the 09.00-17.00 CET time zone, until February 2025;
- Excellent language skills (both oral and writing) in English;
About the offer
We offer a fixed remuneration of €2380,- per month for a 40-hour work week.
How to apply for the freelance project coordinator?
First round of screening calls (20 minutes) will be held in the week of November 20th, and interviews (45 minutes) are scheduled between December 7th to 10th (including the weekend). You would start your position on the 8th of January. The position runs for 13 months.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: