Application Deadline: January 6th, 2023
The Finance internship is a full-time position (40 hours per week) for a period of six months.
Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning network, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
An internship is available within the Finance Unit of Greenpeace International (GPI)! This Finance internship offers an exciting opportunity to sit within a busy Finance team within a fast moving global organisation.
GPI Finance is responsible for the Dutch entities (Stichtings) under its umbrella, making sure these are in compliance with Dutch and European rules and regulations. When necessary, the team can also advise the independent national and regional Greenpeace organisations on finance related issues.
You’ll gain experience supporting the daily workings of Greenpeace unit and have the opportunity to take on valuable project work. This Finance internship would suit someone who is keen to explore a career within Finance.
One important project you will focus on is supporting the team in organising and updating a GPI Finance Manual, the existing procedures and also looking into taxation ”good practice” guidance. Another project will look at supporting the Management Accountants team to set up clear and meaningful guidance on the budgeting process and the system we use. You will contribute to dynamic projects that will involve several colleagues within the organisation. Therefore you will need to demonstrate both patience and creativity, in order to analyse finance matters that may impact our organization. You will enjoy analysing information and be happy to confidently share your recommendations with others.
You will play an indispensable role in the development of these projects, and will need to be happy working both in a team and using your own initiative. You’ll need to be highly organised with great attention to detail, able to pro-actively juggle conflicting priorities in order to meet deadlines. With this in mind, we are looking for candidates with exceptional analytical skills, initiative and drive. We are looking for the ability to work independently, while following instructions and also proactively contributing to the project by anticipating needs and thinking creatively.
As well as taking on project work, you will also have the opportunity to build on your existing skills through on the job learning, taking on additional daily tasks within the team. In addition to the GPI staff induction programme, you will also have the opportunity to learn through shadowing the team and collaborating with key staff members.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate their support for, and belief in, the aims of Greenpeace and be able to commit to the full period of the internship, with some slight flexibility available around the start and end dates.
Crucial Skills / Qualifications:
- Finance student towards the end of studies or recent graduate (Fiscal Economics nice to have).
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
Personal attributes you will need:
- Support for and belief in Greenpeace core aims and values.
- Tech savvy with a good understanding of Google Workspace applications (Gmail, Docs, Sheets etc). You have a curiosity and willingness to learn about applications and systems.
- Outstanding analytical skills, creativity and drive.
- Ability to work independently and with strong initiative.
- Self-confident, focused, pro-active and result-oriented.
- A ‘Can do’ and flexible mentality to shifting priorities.
- Friendly and people-focused, even when working in a fast moving, sometimes chaotic environment.
You will get:
- An insight into working in the non-profit environmental sector
- The chance to create a real contribution to Greenpeace
- Hands-on experience
- Workplace skills
- The opportunity to develop both personally and professionally
- Internship compensation in line with our policy (see the fine print below)
Please visit the careers site here, to learn more about working for Greenpeace.
The fine print:
- An Internship is intended for students or recent graduates who have completed their studies within the last twelve months.
- Candidates should be already living in the Netherlands and have a Dutch social security number (BSN).
- Interns residing within/up to a distance of 150 km from the office in Amsterdam are entitled to 400 euros net as monthly stipend (40 hours per week). Interns residing beyond 150 km from the office are entitled to 800 euros net as a monthly stipend (40 hours per week).
- Currently Greenpeace International office in Amsterdam is open. Combination of remote (within the Netherlands) and from office work is possible and is the most common way of working. The candidate should be able to commute into our Amsterdam office, when it is safe to do so. Further information on how Greenpeace International is working to ensure a safe working environment for staff, will be provided to the successful candidate.
If you share Greenpeace vision, please click ‘apply for this job’ below, to begin your application.
Addressing the key criteria is an important part of your application. Greenpeace will be looking for evidence that demonstrates your skills and experience in these areas. Use examples where possible, to draw attention to experience, knowledge, achievements and skills gained in past employment or voluntary/leisure activities, provided they are relevant to the post.
It’s advisable to prepare your responses to the key criteria before starting your online application, as you are unable to save and return to it at a later date.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all applications have to be filled out via the website and can’t be submitted via this email.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and would like to invite you especially to apply!
CLOSING DATE: January 6th, 2023
To receive more opportunities:
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.