Deadline is Today for 2023 BRICS Youth Innovation Summit: APPLY NOW!
Apply for 2023 BRICS Youth Innovation Summit
Application Deadline: 22 January 2023
BRICS Youth Innovation Summit
Theme: Linking Investment to Youth-driven Innovation
Purpose of the Summit
The BRICS Youth Innovation Summit aims to create a BRICS-orientated space that will empower and support young entrepreneurs and innovators already undertaking projects with a prosocial impact in the real world. The summit serves as a meeting point between promising young entrepreneurs and business leaders, investors, partners and experts from across BRICS and the Global South.
Sub-Themes for Innovation Projects:
Young innovators with projects in any of the following sub-theme categories will be eligible to apply to become delegates to the 2023 BRICS Youth Innovation Summit based on the nature of their projects:
• Youth Volunteerism – Projects in the non-profit sector that are contributing to increased voluntary citizen participation in communal, cultural or social development in the global South.
• Green Economy– Projects that are contributing to accelerating a just transition to a greener and more environmentally friendly economy.
• Agribusiness – Projects that are enhancing the capacity of global South nations to achieve and maintain sustainable food security.
• Digitalisation – Projects that are contributing to mainstreaming digitalisation of services in a global South context.
• Manufacturing – Projects that are contributing to industrialisation and value-added production in the global South nations.
• Skills Development & EdTech – Projects that are contributing to closing the education gap and enhancing the quality of education at primary, secondary or tertiary levels in the global South.
Date: 28-30 March 2023
Venue: Tshwane University of Technology (TUT), South Africa
Format: In Person Participation: Free
Working Language: English Last Date to Apply: January 22, 2023
Objectives of the BRICS Youth Innovation Summit:
1. Create an international platform for young entrepreneurs from BRICS and the global South to present and showcase their ongoing projects.
2. Foster peer-to-peer networks between young entrepreneurs working on innovative projects in similar or interlinked sectors.
3. Educate young entrepreneurs on the opportunities presented by the BRICS and other South-South/multilateral platforms.
4. Connect young entrepreneurs with mentorship from experts and industry leaders to enhance their work.
5. Provide a platform for investors and businesses from BRICS and the global South to partner with young entrepreneurs and invest in promising innovations.
The Summit will be aimed at young entrepreneurs and innovators between the ages of 18-35 from BRICS and global South countries who are already running projects in one of the sub-theme areas listed above.
Overall, the BRICS Youth Innovation Summit will gather up to 42 young entrepreneurs and innovators in Pretoria to present their projects. With 50-150 audience participants.
Financial conditions for participation:
- SABYA will provide accommodation and meals during the school period for all participants.
- Participants or sending organizations are responsible for their travel costs to Pretoria, South Africa, and back.
- SABYA will provide visa application support and assistance with issuing permission to enter South Africa for international participants who are required to acquire a visa.
- The event will be organized in compliance with South African health and COVID-19 Regulations.
Use this form to apply
To receive more opportunities:
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: